Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Alex McLeish now being touted.

Not a chance. Surely? The story is that one reason McLaren was removed from the running was a poor response from Villa fans, God knows how bad the response would be if McLeish got the job.

Guest north shields lad

Someone places a bet with us today £5000 for David Moyes. Because it was such a big bet for that market we fired it straight up to head office, and they cut the price to 5-2 straight away. The i got told that when i ws finished, the same person tried to put another 10 grand on, they refused him the bet. Im not sure if the market is open on the exchange, if so he will have got it on there. If not he will probably put smaller bets on with diffrent bookies (inless this was part of his smaller bet which is what scared us)

Ah right, I read it as though someone came into a bookies to place it.

Though either way I'm still not sure how they could justify it, unless the person placing the bet was Randy Lerner.

Guest north shields lad

What are the grounds for refusing to take a bet?

There are no grounds, if its thought that someone has inside knowlege they will refuse him. Infact even if you were just a good gambler and made a constant profit, then within a few month the high street bookmakers would limit you, in how much you could bet. Theres been a good few cases of unregualar betting trends this season, like a second division scottish match taking over 20 grand of dozens of punters on a certain player to be sent off (all money wagered in liverpool), he was sent off.

Last season there was loads wagered on accrington stanley to lose by a certain score, can not remember but it was a mad score, and they did (all money wagered in liverpool).

Bookies can not take a chance when someone from Liverpool tries to have 15 grand on moyes taking the villa job. If you let him have that bet unchecked and he went, you would be sacked.

Guest north shields lad

I personally never back a manager for a football job, you would make far more cash by laying low priced favs. If you layed martinez, without looking on betfair, i would imagine he was odds on.

Back to limiting peoples bets. Someone opened an account with us 8 months ago, had loads of bets around the £50 price, lost some, but won more. Got told last week to limit his account to £12 bets. Thats just over a few grands winnings. They wont stop him betting all together cos they will monitor what bets he places, as a indicator for markets.

I personally never back a manager for a football job, you would make far more cash by laying low priced favs. If you layed martinez, without looking on betfair, i would imagine he was odds on.

Back to limiting peoples bets. Someone opened an account with us 8 months ago, had loads of bets around the £50 price, lost some, but won more. Got told last week to limit his account to £12 bets. Thats just over a few grands winnings. They wont stop him betting all together cos they will monitor what bets he places, as a indicator for markets.

Fuking hell, that's some mad insightful shit

Guest north shields lad

Can anyone remember what price arry was to take over us. Very very short on the exchanges. I reckon he made all the right noises, then layed the bet himself for fuckin loads, before turning it down.