Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Guest Chubby Jason

Bad job for Sven to take if they've got no cash to spend and Villa fans would just turn on Curbishley straight away. I'm struggling to think who would be a good fit for them to be honest.

Really does look like us 2004 doesn't it?

Unbelievably so. I thought that when it happened, it's even more so now. We waited for ages for a manger also. And ended up gutted (souness). They'll get the same with curbs IMO.

Bringing back bad memories this. The stunned and aghast sense of disbelief at work when the Souness appointment was announced. *shudder*

Gerard Houllier.

Meh. Infinitely better than Curbishley, and hopefully he'd be working with KM in some capacity.

At least we'd have actual European scouts.

The entire process has been tainted from the start by that cunt's decision to walk out, taking the five most senior football members of staff with him, four days before the start of the season. Regardless of what he did for us, it was always going to be nigh on impossible to salvage something in those circumstances.

Bad job for Sven to take if they've got no cash to spend and Villa fans would just turn on Curbishley straight away. I'm struggling to think who would be a good fit for them to be honest.

Villa fans don't want Curbishley now, let alone when he took over. Talk about regressing to 2006.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

MsiDouglas:

MacDonald as head coach, Houllier as director of football at avfc? Houllier is excellent but has that set-up EVER worked?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Old bug eyes would be a great manager for them, his team won the champions league after all.

Curbs would be a meh move; I'd rather have hughton 10 times over

I'd rather have Big Ron back as manager than Curbishley.

Big Ron reminds me of Redknapp, not back in coming forward