Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Fuking mental, poor Villa.

Can we have him please?

I was going to ask if you were joking, but I've just had to remind myself how far we've fallen since I was pointing out o'Neill's was totally unproven as a top quality manager. I do think he's someone who can consistently achieve that top ten/UEFA hole with virtually any club, and that combined with his particular style as a manager mean it might not actually be a bad move for us just now. Still don't like him and don't much want him, though - would be happier to press on with Hughton.

Hope the vile cunt supporters are devastated.

Same!

Been waiting for something to laugh at Villa about since the horrible cunts acted like small time cunts about us going down. Hopefully they flog all of their best players and plummet.

Don't count your chickens - unless Lerner's lost interest, which he hasn't really so far as I'm aware, I'd be over the moon if I were them and this could be the best thing to happen to them since o'Neill was appointed. The timing's pretty horrible of course... but nevertheless.

Wow I am shocked, might have been on the cards, but this close to the start of the season, wow. Will be interesting to see what happens to that club now, will they go back to the pre O'neill days of barely surviving or will they appoint someone to carry on the execllent work O'Neill's done, does Lerner have any clue about managers in the game, he's never had to look for one before. He brought in Mike Holmgren as GM of his Cleveland Browns Organisiation in the NFL, that was a good move and could turn around one of the NFL worst teams. He'll need to make a similarly good move to ensure O'Neill's reshaping of that side is not lost, not many good manager's available atm, it could be a tough task, the person who made the Sven call, could be spot on.

Fuking mental, poor Villa.

Can we have him please?

I was going to ask if you were joking, but I've just had to remind myself how far we've fallen since I was pointing out o'Neill's was totally unproven as a top quality manager. I do think he's someone who can consistently achieve that top ten/UEFA hole with virtually any club, and that combined with his particular style as a manager mean it might not actually be a bad move for us just now. Still don't like him and don't much want him, though - would be happier to press on with Hughton.

Hope the vile cunt supporters are devastated.

Same!

Been waiting for something to laugh at Villa about since the horrible cunts acted like small time cunts about us going down. Hopefully they flog all of their best players and plummet.

Don't count your chickens - unless Lerner's lost interest, which he hasn't really so far as I'm aware, I'd be over the moon if I were them and this could be the best thing to happen to them since o'Neill was appointed.

He would be a massive step up, but considering the rumours why he's leaving Villa to how we are currently run there's no chance on earth he'd come here, it would be out of the fire and in to the sun.