Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

All these changes there must be something for Chrissy H?

Nottingham Forest want McLaren. Sad though it is, since I like the man, but I fear that says everything we need to know about how Chris Hughton's reputation is viewed in the broader game. If the team we beat to promotion doesn't want him, who will?

You should have got Avram in.

I wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow and find he's 1/100 favourite.

FWIW, McLeish resigned because he's not being consulted on transfer policy. They signed that utter fucking scutter Marlon King behind his back and have told Dann, Johnson and Foster they can go.

something the acting chairman disagrees on, he says the players they've signed have been on McLeish's say so.

meanwhile daft rumours over twitter that moyes has resigned

Just on talksport Villa believe they can speak to McLeish without compensation (birmingham haven't actually accepted his resignation)

dear god they're going to appoint him aren't they

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club than Villa :shifty: :laugh:

They deserve all the s*** that is coming their way.

Christ if they hire McLeish that's them confined to at least the bottom half. Any manager who comes in still has Houllier's mess to clear up, but McLeish will make things worse.

There will be a mass exodus at Villa. Albrighton anyone?

Although Villa were allways known as the most boring f***ing club in England, since MON took over they have actualy fashioned themselves into a decent side, young English players playing pretty decent football. McLeish will probably set them back about 6-7 years.

Any manager who comes in still has Houllier's mess to clear up

What mess? When you look at it, Houiller's done fairly well in the time he's had. They were all over the place near the end of Kevin McDonald's caretaker stewardship - in 7 or 8 months, Houllier has stabilised them and they even squeezed into the top half.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/24/article-0-0513FC3E000005DC-846_468x357.jpg

:tiote:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article712943.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Alex+McLeish-Birmingham+City+cropped

:tiote: :tiote:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/apr2010/6/4/multimedia-background-image-for-aston-villa-fans-give-their-verdict-on-semi-final-loss-599745054.jpg

Any manager who comes in still has Houllier's mess to clear up

What mess? When you look at it, Houiller's done fairly well in the time he's had. They were all over the place near the end of Kevin McDonald's caretaker stewardship - in 7 or 8 months, Houllier has stabilised them and they even squeezed into the top half.

No way man. Half the players at Villa hate/hated Houllier (if reports are correct). He started telling players not to bother turning up and that. I bet their squad was delighted when Houiller went.

Footballing wise they hadn't improved from O'Neill, Darren Bents signing being one of the only plus points.

P.S Contact between Villa and Brum confimed.