Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Incidentally, I think Lerner thought:

"Hmm, I really like that David Moyes, except he's happy where he is"

"I'll ask him again if he wants to come"

"He still doesn't fancy it ... I wish I had my own David Moyes .. Oh, hang on a minute! There's another ginger Glaswegian 3 miles away! I know, I'll get him in, I'll make MY OWN David Moyes"

First PL manager to leave post. Get on it. It is practically free money.

Could have been worse, could have been Strachan.

There's not a lot in it, to be honest.

Oh, and it is apparently true that Quique Sanchez Flores was touting himself for the job, which just makes it even more gut wrenching than it already was.

I renewed my season ticket last week. f***ing great timing.

Sounds similar to the summer where Deschamps & Mancini said they'd manage us, and instead we gave Roeder the gig full-time.

Did you know Roeder's working for us now?

Does a lot of scouting for us.

Probably scouting Dirk Kuyt (he says, proudly latching on to an old in-joke).

Can you not ask for a refund on your season ticket?

I thought about it, but to be honest, although it'd give me a kick to tell them to stick it up their arses, I've been going for 35 years now, so I'm mentally welded to them.

I have a funny feeling we will be sitting here in 6 months time with villa looking in good shape and brummie stunned at developments. It has to happen it's that bad an appointment it's just going to work.

I have a funny feeling we will be sitting here in 6 months time with villa looking in good shape and brummie stunned at developments. It has to happen it's that bad an appointment it's just going to work.

I'd love to think that'd happen, but honestly, this has got disaster written over it in letters so large, you could see it from space.

I've seen some bewildering stuff happen at Villa over the years, but really, nothing that matches this.

I thought about it, but to be honest, although it'd give me a kick to tell them to stick it up their arses, I've been going for 35 years now, so I'm mentally welded to them.

You can change your car, you can change your job or your wife, but you are stuck with your shit fuking team for life.

We know all too well.  :lol:

You can change your car, you can change your job or your wife, but you are stuck with your shit fuking team for life.

We know all too well.  :lol:

Ain't that the truth.

I'd love to think that'd happen, but honestly, this has got disaster written over it in letters so large, you could see it from space.

I've seen some bewildering stuff happen at Villa over the years, but really, nothing that matches this.

It's the disaster we all think it's going to be, or he pulls off moderate success. What would be an acceptable start, mid season position and end? If he's the right end of mid table coming up to xmas and has money to spend, would things ease up on him?

Is Lerner's relationship with the fans knackered irreparably now Brummie ?

It seems incredible to say this, but yes, I think it is.

He was brilliant till about 18 months ago. In fact, in some ways, he still is. That shit in the press last year about selling club, no money blah blah blah, then we go and spend 25-30 odd million in January blew that away.

That's not the problem. The problem is that he's in the US most of the time (although, despite the shite in the press, he attends most games), and his management team over here doesn't include a single person versed in the industry.

There's a chap whoi worked with Ellis for about 25 years, Steve Stride, who ran the club day to day before retiring when Lerner took over. He's forgotten more than the current board know about the game. He's on a few UEFA committees now. Knows the industry inside out. The best thing they could do would beg him to come back

The worst thing has been the utter farce of appointing a new manager. You'd have thought that, two months ago when Houllier was taken to hospital, we'd have been urgently putting a back up plan into action. But no, we didn't. We did fuck all, then finally, when we'd spent a fortune getting rid of Houllier, started asking around for permission to speak to people, like some outmoded gentleman club.

We then got royally shafted by Dave Whelan, who took Lerner for an utter mug, made ourselves look idiots over McLaren, ruled out a host of candidates because they didnt have PL experience, got stroppy over the way Hughes left Fulham, because Lerner didn't like it (despite Hughes having a clause in his contract allowing him to), then realised that it wasn't working, but by that time we'd ruled out or thoroughly annoyed all the remaining candidates, so finally decided to play dirty, but by that time had inexplicably settled on McLeish.

We even interviewed Benitez, but amazingly, our fuckwitted CEO, Paul Faulkner, got into an argument with him, and he left after 15 minutes. An argument, FFS.

Utter disaster from start to finish.

It's the disaster we all think it's going to be, or he pulls off moderate success. What would be an acceptable start, mid season position and end? If he's the right end of mid table coming up to xmas and has money to spend, would things ease up on him?

It all depends what sort of football he's going to play.

That's what people are most worried about. The Blues connection is just a peripheral annoyance. If he starts playing his ten men behind the ball thing at home, he's going to get rightly slaughtered for it.

Houllier or McLeish? :lol:

I'd have kept Houllier on, without a question.

Despite a season of turmoil, dreadful injuries, and four different managers, we still finished ninth. I was far from convinced with him, but there were signs he was changing the way we played.

McLeish is just an O'Neill lite.

We even interviewed Benitez, but amazingly, our fuckwitted CEO, Paul Faulkner, got into an argument with him, and he left after 15 minutes. An argument, FFS.

Bloody hell. Is that true ?

It is a simply staggering turn of events. Lord knows everyone on here will empathise. The similarities with the madness of NUFC is incredible.

Anyway, fuck this shit.

Im going to punch the wall really fucking hard, then go to bed. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and it won't be true.

Dont´worry, maybe he'll come good. We all thought Joe Kinnear was a terrible appointment at the time and he... actually, never mind.