Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Horrific appointment. A bad start and he'll be under pressure straight away - no honeymoon period, nowt.

Basically he'll keep the job until he goes on a 6 or 7 game run without a win and he'll get the bullet imo. The pressure will be the key.

Quick edit.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8094/messiahvilla.png

Couldn't really be arsed with the specifics.

Someone stick that on a villa forum...cunts....

http://i51.tinypic.com/5pj5uo.jpg

Guest WashyGeordie

Quick edit.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8094/messiahvilla.png

Couldn't really be arsed with the specifics.

Someone stick that on a villa forum...c***s....

http://i51.tinypic.com/5pj5uo.jpg

You really are the photoshop king!  O0

Words fail me.

We really are the new you.

How is it possible that we land a billionaire owner who throws money around like confetti, yet then goes and undoes all the good work by insisting that the new manager must have Premier League experience, so then goes and gets one whose experience in said department consists of getting relegated twice in three years.

I don't give a shit he's managed that lot - in fact, had he done brilliantly with them, it'd be a bonus - I care that he's got a record of dire football, ten men behind the ball at home, and getting relegated.

An appointment so utterly stupid, it beggars belief. I've genuinely never seen our fans so united on an issue.

The daftest thing is that now, McLeish can't win. he's going to have to win his first ten games to even get given the benefit of the doubt.

We'll be around the arse end of the table pretty soon, and he'll be gone around Hodgson time. Except with a pay off (incidentally, MON got a whacking pay off last week, as did Houllier) and we'll be back at square one.

Great board at providing the money, but utterly clueless as to how this soccerball things works, I'm afraid.

I feel sick to the stomach.

Words fail me.

How is it possible that we land a billionaire owner who throws money around like confetti, yet then goes and undoes all the good work by insisting that the new manager must have Premier League experience, so then goes and gets one whose experience in said department consists of getting relegated twice in three years.

I don't give a shit he's managed that lot - in fact, had he done brilliantly with them, it'd be a bonus - I care that he's got a record of dire football, ten men behind the ball at home, and getting relegated.

An appointment so utterly stupid, it beggars belief. I've genuinely never seen our fans so united on an issue.

The daftest thing is that now, McLeish can't win. he's going to have to win his first ten games to even get given the benefit of the doubt.

We'll be around the arse end of the table pretty soon, and he'll be gone around Hodgson time. Except with a pay off (incidentally, MON got a whacking pay off last week, as did Houllier) and we'll be back at square one.

Great board at providing the money, but utterly clueless as to how this soccerball things works, I'm afraid.

You're a brave man. :lol:

I'm not reading the stuff above. Although, to be quite honest, if I came home and found the Mrs having sex with Steve Bruce, it wouldn't really register after this week.

Have your fun, though, schadenfreude is a wonderful thing, and it's pretty funny too.

Words fail me.

Have a few drinks.

I'm not reading the stuff above. Although, to be quite honest, if I came home and found the Mrs having sex with Steve Bruce, it wouldn't really register after this week.

Have your fun, though, schadenfreude is a wonderful thing, and it's pretty funny too.

Not laughing at you btw, more the appointment itself. Just insane on every possible level. 

Incidentally, I think Lerner thought:

"Hmm, I really like that David Moyes, except he's happy where he is"

"I'll ask him again if he wants to come"

"He still doesn't fancy it ... I wish I had my own David Moyes .. Oh, hang on a minute! There's another ginger Glaswegian 3 miles away! I know, I'll get him in, I'll make MY OWN David Moyes"

First PL manager to leave post. Get on it. It is practically free money.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/6/13/1307961601535/Ashley-Young-Gallery-006.jpg

That misses the point.

He was going anyway, and to be honest, most Villa fans aren't that arsed.

"He still doesn't fancy it ... I wish I had my own David Moyes .. Oh, hang on a minute! There's another ginger Glaswegian 3 miles away! I know, I'll get him in, I'll make MY OWN David Moyes"

Could have been worse, could have been Strachan.

That's the thing, even if you ignore the rivals issue for me he's simply not a particularly good manager. Really strange move, said from the start that I couldn't believe it and still don't.

Words fail me.

We've felt your pain...probably a record number of times :lol:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/6/13/1307961601535/Ashley-Young-Gallery-006.jpg

That misses the point.

He was going anyway, and to be honest, most Villa fans aren't that arsed.

Point isn't that he's leaving, its what he's leaving...

There's not a lot in it, to be honest.

Oh, and it is apparently true that Quique Sanchez Flores was touting himself for the job, which just makes it even more gut wrenching than it already was.

I renewed my season ticket last week. Fucking great timing.

There's not a lot in it, to be honest.

Oh, and it is apparently true that Quique Sanchez Flores was touting himself for the job, which just makes it even more gut wrenching than it already was.

I renewed my season ticket last week. f***ing great timing.

Sounds similar to the summer where Deschamps & Mancini said they'd manage us, and instead we gave Roeder the gig full-time.

At least muck leech will have plenty of money to spend when young and downing leave. He'll sort out your defence at least.

Downing won't be going anywhere. Even less likely after the shit storm of this week.

That defence thing, looking at their record last season, I think they conceded one goal less than our comedy defence did.

I'll take Foster, mind.