Steven Taylor's Contract Situation

Taylor Swift

Guest neesy111

This regime needs to keep him, and I'm not sure why they're being w@nkers over this. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him end his career here.

i think it's taylor tbh being the wanker (probably asking for shit loads of money)

is his father still his agent?

No. So the supporters who have it in for ST will have to find another irrelevant stick to beat him with.

I had heard it was one of the Shepards.

Isn't Shepherd Junior in business with or working for the same agency as Paul Stretford?

from the mirror

Meanwhile, Newcastle are ready to break their wages ceiling to keep central defender Steven Taylor at the club.

Talks last week between the club and Taylor’s representatives look poised to bring about a breakthrough in the contract impasse.

It is understood Magpies owner Mike Ashley is prepared to give 24-year-old Taylor, whose contract is up next June, a deal in excess of the £35,000-a-week limit imposed on new contracts last year.

Taylor, recovering from a dislocated shoulder, is optimistic a deal can be reached before he returns to action in October.

But any new deal will be partly subsided by the departure of a big earner. That could mean Newcastle listening to offers for Alan Smith, who is paid more than £60,000 a week.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Peter-Lovenkrands-gave-up-his-World-Cup-dream-with-Denmark-to-help-his-family-cope-with-the-death-of-his-dad-article560545.html#ixzz0xHSU85wn

It's horrific. They should be working day and night to get him off the books.

Why would he leave though? On silly money, still playing and even made vice-captain of the club. No incentive whatsoever.

from the mirror

But any new deal will be partly subsided by the departure of a big earner. That could mean Newcastle listening to offers for Alan Smith, who is paid more than £60,000 a week.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6301/ohtehnoes.jpg

Fwiw, I do sometimes wonder if he is important in what good things we do have about the team off the field. Would be happy if we could keep him on as a cheap coach... not happening, of course.

It's horrific. They should be working day and night to get him off the books.

Why would he leave though? On silly money, still playing and even made vice-captain of the club. No incentive whatsoever.

I can't see him being anywhere near a regular this season, especially if the Tiote signing is completed.  Also with him now being 30 it would probably be a good idea to try to get a longer contract somewhere now, even if its on slightly less per week.  When his current deal here finishes he'll be 32 and will be lucky to get any kind of deal from a Premiership club, let alone something near £60k a week.

Guest Heneage

Tbh, I'd happily treat Smith like utter shite if it got him off the books, he's taking the wage of two 'top tier' players under the new system.

oliver in the people thinks we're ready to offer him 45k a week with a relegation clause to reduce it to 25k should we go down also some crap about he may not be in 25 man squad. he says this despite us not having 25 players over 21 anyway so why wouldnt we put him in the squad