Steven Taylor's Contract Situation

Taylor Swift

Wouldn't be against £45k a week, not that he is worth anything like that but we could get a few quid for him if he has a longer contract.

It should never have gotten to this stage though tbh.

Guest GAMMELL

I rather trade Smith wages for Ben Afra.

No shit man, incidentally, I wish this Champ Manager cos' I'd be shot of the kunt in a matter of seconds...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wouldn't be against £45k a week, not that he is worth anything like that but we could get a few quid for him if he has a longer contract.

It should never have gotten to this stage though tbh.

Can't say I'm surprised from both sides, was a bit disappointed that Taylor used Milner's new contract as an excuse to get a new one (though the Milner contract was a joke in itself).

Guest geordienorway

Twitter: The guy who was itk regarding Tiotè is now claiming Taylor is close to signing a new contract.

I think getting smith, nolan or Barton off the wage bill would fantastic for us....Nolan being captain i cant see him going, barton could prove very handy for us, smith seems the odd man out especially with Tiote coming in. 

Just not sure what smith offers the team and the club for 60 k a week.

Seems madness, if big mike wants to do the club any favs he should open his pocket and pay smith off for the rest of his contract. 

How many years has he got left?

Think it makes sense to give him a new contract rather than letting him walk for free.  He is perfectly good enough for where we are now.  And if other clubs come in for him later on, we would then get a decent transfer fee for him.

Think it makes sense to give him a new contract rather than letting him walk for free.  He is perfectly good enough for where we are now.  And if other clubs come in for him later on, we would then get a decent transfer fee for him.

Completely disagree with you.

The sooner we get Smith off the wage bill, however we do it the better. This is his 4th season at the club and he has done very little in my eyes to see him worth 60k a week and how ever much Fat Sam bought him for.

Once a good player, but now a poor player, off the pace, and a waste of money. Let him go for nowt. Anything more is a bonus

The sooner we get Smith off the wage bill, however we do it the better. This is his 4th season at the club and he has done very little in my eyes to see him worth 60k a week and how ever much Fat Sam bought him for.

Once a good player, but now a poor player, off the pace, and a waste of money. Let him go for nowt. Anything more is a bonus

Er, assume he was referring to Taylor.

:dowie:

Er, assume he was referring to Taylor.

S***, think he was. I got confused must have been reading a different post, then kept on reading onto Wallace's.

F*** me  :doh:

Guest thenorthumbrian

Can see him being in flogged in January if he is fit for substantially less than we should be getting for him.

You aren't suggesting that United have become a selling club under the fcb ?

Taylor seems to spend a lot of time negotiations through the media (either him or his representatives).

He's worth £30k at the most, but considering the position we let ourselves get in and what the likes of Barton, Smith & Colo are on he's got every right to ask for £45k and on £45k he'd still be getting paid less than those three by some margin.

I hope he signs because he's young, has potential and we're not exactly deep at that position for the long-term.

I think he still has it in him to become a mainstay at the back for us.

He's got it all physically - decent pace, strong, good header of the ball - but it's just the mental part of the game that he's not sorted out yet, but I have a feeling that watching how our team has evolved in the past 8 months with him out of the team will provide him with a new perspective.

If Taylor thinks he's worth 45k a week - Enrique should ask for 150k tbh.

Going to be hard for Taylor to stay unless he's realistic about his value. 45k is already too high if you ask me, I don't really see how we can justify an increase. Shame we won't get a fee because he's almost certain to walk at the end of the season.

Guest Stephen927

Regarding his contract, I'm more worried about losing him on a free than I am at us losing the defender.

If we were to find the right club I'm sure we could shift him for £5m+.

Regarding his contract, I'm more worried about losing him on a free than I am at us losing the defender.

If we were to find the right club I'm sure we could shift him for £5m+.

Maybe before he got injured, but unless a club comes in during the January window it's unlikely. He's out for two months yet.

Guest Heneage

He looked sick as a chip today. I think before he was deemed a big player for us, but not only have we signed Williamson who seems much calmer, he's lost a lot of reliability due to injuries.

He looked sick as a chip today. I think before he was deemed a big player for us, but not only have we signed Williamson who seems much calmer, he's lost a lot of reliability due to injuries.

I'm sure the club would still prefer to keep him if he's prepared to be reasonable about what he's worth. If not he can fuck off can't he?

Guest Heneage

I'm sure the club would still prefer to keep him if he's prepared to be reasonable about what he's worth. If not he can f*** off can't he?

Very true, but if his Dad's his advisor it may make it difficult, he'll spin the loyalty angle and make it out like penny pinching Ashley won't reward his son. Right now he's not first choice, he may be if he decides to go to right back, but not at CB, his wages should reflect that.