Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

We've got 7 players on the pitch ATM, Nolan, jonas, smith and perch are dreadful

Nolan was missing for most games in the championship he just seeme dto be in the right place at the right ime, man you wont let that happen to them.  I never expected much from this game anyway.  Our season starts next sunday.

When we've ran with the ball, we seem to be ok. Just keep the ball for as long as possible and work away from our goal at speed. As soon as we slow down, and stop moving. Man Utd just close us down we play back to Harper and they attack...sort it out!!!

A very very good and impressive half an hour.

Sat watching it, I've been saying it would be a mistake that would to their goal and it was. After that, the floodgates opened. Williamson is having a good game, Perch looks very shaky. Routledge and Carroll are impressing with their effort too. Barton has been poor and Nolan looks off the pace (suprise suprise).

We've had three very good chances and it's a gutter we haven't scored from it. The defending on their second goal was woeful though.

Perch, Smith and Barton are miserably poor.

Barton needs to play it simpler. trying daft passes too often when we desperately need to slow the pace down and keep hold of the ball. and what was he doing with that 'shot'??

Moaning at jonas is ridiculous, he's one of two with any chance of running with the ball.

So what? he couldnt pick a pass at the end of it if we were the only team on the pitch

No more or less than I expected tbh. It's been pretty poor but I think a few folks on here are forgetting we're playing one of the best sides in Europe on their own ground...

Our season isn't going to hinge on getting points from Old Trafford ffs.

Guest guinness_fiend

get Perch off now!!!! f***ing useless littlee s*** 1.4 million of our none existing budget???  thats the equivilant of man city spending fukin 40 million of thier money on a turd

f*** offff!!!!!!!

hope he gets a second yellow f*** sake we wud play better with ten men than that piece of sad excuse.

f***ing knee jerk in his thread is beyond a joke. We will not be the only team to be twatted by this scum and to judge individuals on this game beggars belief.

Heat fan?  It must be odd having one of your favourite teams sign LeBron and the other sign, er, Perch! :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"You'll be amazed at how  frontmen pick up the flight of the ball quicker."

Aye, Andy? Was only Saturday you were telling me that defenders picked it up quicker. Now I'm confused, I feel like I must kill a rabbit to balance the chemicals in my brain.  :crazy2:

I don't think we have been awful, but just punished by Man U took a few of their chances.  If Carroll got the earlier goal the same probably would have happened and it would be 2 - 1.  The only thing that concerned me was the last 5 minutes.  We suddenly got very static.  It's also anoying that we have very little centrally making runs who is actually fast.  It's always a winger or full back cutting inside.  Nolan is just too slow to play off the striker.

Man U do have some fantastic players in the final third of the pitch. Scholes has been very important for them.

Fucking hate Man U and their fans like. Don't think I've heard them singing all game bar when they went 1-0 up and started shouting "who are ya!?".

Don't think we've been that bad, certainly not to the extent where I'd go ":frantic: We're definitely getting relegated! :frantic:". We're playing one of the best teams in the world at their ground, where we've got a history of being shit and losing.

Second half will be very interesting.

im so angry becus of the fundamentals.

its basic defending of a back four. the fullback stay close to the oppositions wideman.

im not so angry in the score but fucking angry in the manner we conceded.  I didnt expect us to get a result but jesus,  i expect our players to do the basics!!!

:kinnear:  :kinnear:

Perch, Smith and Barton are miserably poor.

Barton needs to play it simpler. trying daft passes too often when we desperately need to slow the pace down and keep hold of the ball. and what was he doing with that 'shot'??

That was his ego taking over.

Guest guinness_fiend

Right, just read through the thread. f*** me this is knee-jerk on a new scale even for us, it's Man Utd at Old Trafford for f***s sake. :lol: I think given the cirucmstances we've actually done rather well.

Please, for the love of God, delete your avatar.  It's making me blind and giving me blisters.

Right, just read through the thread. f*** me this is knee-jerk on a new scale even for us, it's Man Utd at Old Trafford for f***s sake. :lol: I think given the cirucmstances we've actually done rather well.

nod.