Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Right, just read through the thread. Fuck me this is knee-jerk on a new scale even for us, it's Man Utd at Old Trafford for fucks sake. :lol: I think given the cirucmstances we've actually done rather well.

Was thinking to myself that even when we finished 3rd we still got dicked around by ManU. But still doesn't make looking at the Toon players acting braindead out there any easier.

ffs man, just because we're playing well and doing better then expected, doesn't mean we can't pick out some of the flaws. Some people need to have a word, just because it's Man Utd doesn't mean we can't have any criticisms :lol:

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

:thup:

He's meant to be in a free role, in space when we have the ball and assisting the midfield when we don't. Apart from the first few minutes when he did some closing down he's done neither.

Hiding.

Aye, said before I reckon he'll become a real problem for the team.

Offers nothing whatsoever.

You'd think we were playing Blackpool at home the way some people are reacting here.  :lol:

It's the hope man. If we were shit from the first minute it would be easier. :lol:

I'm sticking with the fond memory of the 1st 20 mins, and taking that in to away games which we have a better chance of doing something with. That 20 turns in to 30 and then 45 etc...

Hopefully we come out and do the same for the next 20, they grab another calm down and sit back while we have some chances by the end and we walk away with pride intact and not bottom of the league.

People crying like babies because we're losing at Old Trafford. :facepalm:

Get some sense of fucking perspective.

It's not just that we're down, it's just the the stupid errors and how easily this game could be 0-0. We look absolutely spineless, not just poor.

Even Andy Gray is acknowledging how well we played the majority of that half. Really surprised at the level of criticism. Absolutely everyone has now jumped on the have a go at Perch bandwagon. Dissapointing really.

He hasn't got a foreign enough name. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm waiting for Xisco to score 2 goals to tie the game up, and for the forum to invert as people's polarised opinions destabilise the server and possible the internet.

Perch, Smith and Barton are miserably poor.

Barton needs to play it simpler. trying daft passes too often when we desperately need to slow the pace down and keep hold of the ball. and what was he doing with that 'shot'??

Barton has some good ideas in his passes but he's not been in the type of form needed to pull them off for a long time.  At the moment it's more important for him to keep it simple like you say, just keep play moving instead of risking a counter attack.

The second goal is what's turned everyone to rage. So rubbish.

1-0 at half time and I think there would be loads more positivity.

Would you say 2 massive lapses in an otherwise fine defensive performance?

I'm feeling a little better now than before the game.

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

:thup:

He's meant to be in a free role, in space when we have the ball and assisting the midfield when we don't. Apart from the first few minutes when he did some closing down he's done neither.

Hiding.

Aye, said before I reckon he'll become a real problem for the team.

Offers nothing whatsoever.

The reason we're not getting out of their half is because the gap between midfield and attack is supposed to be filled by Nolan. With him on the pitch, it's leaving Carroll completely on his own and making Jonas and Routledge run into red shirts.

I still think we can stay up with these players.

We would be comfortable though if we sorted out left wing, central midfield and right back.

Didn't want us relying on Ben arfa in the centre as I think he'd let us down there, but Jonas has singlehandedly talked me into having a punt on him on the left.

People crying like babies because we're losing at Old Trafford. :facepalm:

Get some sense of f***ing perspective.

It's not just that we're down, it's just the the stupid errors and how easily this game could be 0-0. We look absolutely spineless, not just poor.

Lots of teams get egged at old trafford, they've made arsenal, Liverpool, villa, spurs and many more look foolish. 

This aint our battle man, next week is.

We've worked hard and if we can hold them to this scoreline, I'll be pleased.  Mistakes are going to happen when put under that much pressure.  Proud of the first half hour we put in, build on that and press on. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

UNLEASH HARIS PLEASE CHRIS

Fergie's got him sizing up a Man U shirt as we speak.

"Watcha' size, son?"

I'll reserve judgement till final whistle. Potential for this to be a right humping but hopefully we can show a bit of mettle and keep it respectable. Problem is, we have nothing to worry them with so it will be fairly one way traffic in second half.

The second goal is what's turned everyone to rage. So rubbish.

1-0 at half time and I think there would be loads more positivity.

Would you say 2 massive lapses in an otherwise fine defensive performance?

I'm feeling a little better now than before the game.

Think it was reasonably good yeah. They fucked up a lot of good positions on their own though.