Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not a bad result really. We were bossed around and worked hard all game, which is to be expected when playing one of the best teams in Europe. You really can't take much from this game, our season proper starts against Villa.

First time we've been beaten 3-0 and I've been upbeat, I don't really know what that means but I'm fairly confident after this, other than pace I think perch is shite and Nolan must be nigerian because he doesn't play like his age but everyone else has done ok, Williamson was good, Carroll was very good, alot of positives to take from this.

Simple errors, and bad one's have cost us.

Never seen a team give the ball away like that at old Trafford

Nearly all teams get forced in to making mistakes at Old Trafford.  And they get punished just like we did.

My positives:

Barton, he runs all he can and wins us the ball. If he can get his passing sorted, he's golden.

Our defence at times looked very composed and in control against one of the best teams in the world even with all the pressure against them.

My negatives:

Perch, he looked all "What is this I don't even" all the time today.

Our counters looked fucked up as hell, why no runs forward when we kick it long and Carroll wins the ball? What's the need to kick the ball long if we won't follow up into the box? It looked shoddy as fuck.

Shola takes forever to react to EVERYTHING :lol:

Barton and Smith have spent the whole game just getting rid of the ball in the general direction of Routledge... pretty disgusting.

Agreed. Our central midfield desperately needs an overhaul to cope at this level.