Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

If Guthrie and Lovenkrands are still knackered then fair enough. But fucking hell. :doh: We won't win now like.

Lovenkrands is on the bench, Guthrie out.

Ah right. Still, there are so many better options than going 4-4-1-1 with Nolan off the top. He's absolutely fucking TERRIBLE there.

This is exactly why we should have had players in long before now!

"Oh we've got ages man, the transfer window doesn't shut for five years..." FUCK OFF!

Unless you've got injuries, your first team on day one should be your season first XI.

Fucking Alan Smith, the fucking wanker. God I'm annoyed. :dave:

Guest MrBrown

dunno like, ';ve been railing against the avowed desire of many on here screaming for wingers and 4-4-2 for long enough (in fact my very first post on a message board was about back in the days of.nu.......................how the f*** do i remember these things ?)

There’s nowt wrong with 442. Like any other formation it’s the suitability of the personnel and tactical approach that dictates how well it works. The problem with 442 is its unfashionable, perceived as old fashioned when it can be as flexible and effective as any formation found on FM.

Which is exactly what Hughton said.

Ugh. I really like being optimistic about NUFC and supporting the team, but when you see the middle of that park and Nolan as their link to attack... it's pretty deflating from the get go.

Anyway, hoping for the best, fearing the worst.  :clap2:  :clap2: