Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Heneage

Really sad when one of these great players comes along in a time when the rest of the side is absolute horseshit. Reminds me of the likes of Bassong in that respect. He'll be off before we've become a good team.

Had a stinker yesterday mind. I don't think we'll see him give away possession as frequently as he did yesterday. Agree with the above, though - he works better with more players around him. Unfortunately that means Nolan's in the side.

He won't be gone.

I think the current owners plans are to improve the team 1-2 players at a time and shift the big earners for cheaper younger replacements with more potential for growth. Tiote for Smith is the epitome of this.

Guest Heneage

Smith will join whoever is top of the Championship if he leaves in January. If he goes in the summer it will be to a team that's gone down.

I agree he's potentially the best DM we've had in years, however he wasn't great at all yesturday. He also kicked out twice at wigan players, I don't like that, very immature and will get him/us into trouble..

Potentially? Since Gary Speed we've had nowt but shite in that position.

Tiote is quality - solid and keeps the play moving. He doesnt try to go for Hollywood passes like Butt and Smith (  :rant: :rant: :rant: )

Apart from the million stupid pissarsed fouls he commits. He was a hindrance yesterday. Maybe the perfect 'away' player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought he had an average game yesterday, gave away lots of fouls BUT he was still better than what Smith usally did so happy days

People in Gallowgate were getting a bit angsty towards him at the end, couldn't believe it.

:nods:

Even the centre halves stopped bringing it out because they knew when they did there would be no options.

Jonas and Enrique suffered in the first half, everythime they looked up they were struggling to see anybody in space and ended messing about passing backwards and forwards to each other.