Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I love the twisty turny spinny thing he does. Like Parker did, but he actually does something with it, and carries the ball.

Shame we will find it hard to keep him.. nailed on the big boys will come knocking soon enough.

Like who?

Like anyone who wants a top quality DCM but for starters I think he would be what Wenger is missing..

Guest Geordiesned

I love the twisty turny spinny thing he does. Like Parker did, but he actually does something with it, and carries the ball.

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. He did it to great effect a few times. He completely ran midfield.

I think I'm falling in love with him.  :smitten:

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. He did it to great effect a few times. He completely ran midfield.

I think I'm falling in love with him.  :smitten:

Its funny.. he can have 4 around him he starts spinning they sort of fall away and he comes out of it with the ball.

Shame we will find it hard to keep him.. nailed on the big boys will come knocking soon enough.

Like who?

Like anyone who wants a top quality DCM but for starters I think he would be what Wenger is missing..

Are you taking the piss?

Like who?

Are you taking the piss?

NO..  but I am however not biting.. sorry

He is our most important player. He is the link we have been missing for quite some time. We would not have been relegated with him playing and our survival this season will depend an awful lot on his availability. Take him out and you are looking at the likes of Smith, Barton or even Guthrie trying to play that role. The fact that Smith was used in that position for so long shows how weak we were and also shows poor activity in the transfer market since we allowed Parker to go.

I've been hugely impressed. Reminds me of Batty but I believe he'll become better still.

Guest rosstoon

I love the way he made Scott Parker look invisible for 90 minutes and they way he likes the Cruyff trun on the edge of the box. Great addition to the team.

The only thing that worries me about him is he has a very limited range of passing. I've yet to really see him even try to hit a pass more than 10 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I echo what everyone else says about him being a very good player and a bargain at the price, but I don't think he's got much creativity in his locker.

And yes, I know he's not been brought in to ping 70 yard balls across field, I just think it'd make him an even better player if he had a wider range of passing.

The only thing that worries me about him is he has a very limited range of passing. I've yet to really see him even try to hit a pass more than 10 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I echo what everyone else says about him being a very good player and a bargain at the price, but I don't think he's got much creativity in his locker.

And yes, I know he's not been brought in to ping 70 yard balls across field, I just think it'd make him an even better player if he had a wider range of passing.

win it play it simple its what we need form him.. Makelele was an awesome player in that type role he only ever played short passes.

I much rather see him just lay the ball off to his closest team mate and make sure we keep possession than doing a Nicky Butt and just give the ball back straight away.

He very rarely plays a player into trouble as well, he finds the easy pass and makes it and more often than not the receiving player has options what to do with it.