Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I don't think he's top six material yet, but after a couple of years playing in a settled PL midfield, he could easily get there. The potential is there.

A couple of years!? I think the 'top 6' have been put on a pedestral here, it's hardly the footballing gods and Bolton are there at the moment.  There can only be a handful of players at most in the PL who are better than Tiote at his role, IMO, and therefore he has to be considered top 6 quality.

He's only started 10 games man. He looks like a brilliant acquisition, but you can't just say he's one of the better holding players in the league. It takes at least a season of consistency to make a judgement like that.

Do you reckon Muamba is better than him?

No. What has that got to do with anything?

He is in the top 6 atm & is a DM.

Top 6 at the minute. I highly doubt Bolton will finish in the top 6.

So are you going off last seasons top 6?

Yes. And yes he looks better than Reo Coker, so don't even bother.

I don't think he's top six material yet, but after a couple of years playing in a settled PL midfield, he could easily get there. The potential is there.

A couple of years!? I think the 'top 6' have been put on a pedestral here, it's hardly the footballing gods and Bolton are there at the moment.  There can only be a handful of players at most in the PL who are better than Tiote at his role, IMO, and therefore he has to be considered top 6 quality.

He's only started 10 games man. He looks like a brilliant acquisition, but you can't just say he's one of the better holding players in the league. It takes at least a season of consistency to make a judgement like that.

Do you reckon Muamba is better than him?

No. What has that got to do with anything?

He is in the top 6 atm & is a DM.

Top 6 at the minute. I highly doubt Bolton will finish in the top 6.

So are you going off last seasons top 6?

Yes. And yes he looks better than Reo Coker, so don't even bother.

Cheers, I knew we would get there in the end.

You can only imagine what he would be like in a side swarming around with movement giving him loads of options so that he didnt have to brilliantly shield and keep the ball for ages like he does while our tired lot shuffle themselves into posion to receive a pass off him.

Of course he would look even more brilliant than he does now in a top 6 side.

Huddlestone is not even that good. He's not really a DM either.

I agree. Huddlestone is more of a box-to-box midfielder so it's difficult to compare the two.

IMO Tiote is better defensively but not so good offensively.

I struggle to think of many better DMs in the league than Tiote at the moment. He's easily top 6 quality

Tiote is far better at his job than Huddlestone, which is to win possesion an then help maintain it. Huddlestone is just a brick s*** house in the centre of midfield.

To be fair to the guy he's a lot more than that. He's one of the best passers of the ball in the league and he's got a hell of a shot on him as well

Huddlestone and Tiote are different players.  Huddlestone clearly has a better range of passing and a better shot, but Tiote is a far better tackler and about 100 times more mobile.  Depends what you want in a central midfielder.

Huddlestone and Tiote are different players.  Huddlestone clearly has a better range of passing and a better shot, but Tiote is a far better tackler and about 100 times more mobile.  Depends what you want in a central midfielder.

Yeah, basically what I was implying but explained better.

Yeah, basically what I was implying but explained better.

Likewise

I can

Huddlestone is not even that good. He's not really a DM either.

.  I can't belive Ronldo compare him with Hudelston...he must be dame or something .... Tiotie man can walk up to any team in the world potentially.. This club did not sign one good player like his caliber in long time... 

:lol: God bless Ethi, man. Always brightens our day.

It's becoming tiresome now. Someone should just put him out of his misery.

dirty mind

I wish you make sense in anything you say... The likes of KC are a daylight better than you. By spending most of your time here you should have progressed better but since you are stuburn by nature your development is like carrot and there is no good example than your current arguments about huddelstone and Tiote...

I wasn't arguing with anyone. I merely said that Tiote wouldn't get into the Spurs side ahead of Huddlestone, as the latter is a better player and the two couldn't really play together.

Sit down and stop embarrassing yourself.

Surely if you can't grasp English, you get the words themself wrong, you don't spell them wrong?

It's also amazing how some sentences are in perfect English (a way I couldn't even get right) and some are so horribly broken up.

4/10.

People are forgetting some of the players who play regularly in midfield for these massive clubs - Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Mikel, Song, Palacios, Barry, Denilson, Yaya Toure, a 34 year old Vieira and the crown jewel, Jermaine fucking Jenas. Good players, average players, shit players amongst them but it's hardly a list of true greats.

On what we've seen so far, of course he's good enough to play for one of the better sides, can't believe it's even up for debate tbh.