Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote always needs a few games after he has been out for a while to get back to his best.  He was poor early in the season after the pre-season problems and it was the same last year when he missed games.

You're right and I think people are seeing too much in his poor performances.

Nope. Look at Enrique. He wants out.

Guest neesy111

Tiote always needs a few games after he has been out for a while to get back to his best.  He was poor early in the season after the pre-season problems and it was the same last year when he missed games.

i put his early season performaces  as much down to trouble forming a partnership with cabaye

I think they still have problems now.

i put his early season performaces  as much down to trouble forming a partnership with cabaye

:thup: Been a very stop start relationship so far. I felt we could see a fair improvement at Swansea though in some of their play.

:thup: Been a very stop start relationship so far. I felt we could see a fair improvement at Swansea though in some of their play.

They'd be fine if Cabaye just pushed up a few yards and was more attacking. I don't think he's been playing his natural game here, to be honest, I think he's asked to play deeper than he'd like.

His passing when he came back into the team at the start of the season was no different to how it's been since he returned from injury.

They'd be fine if Cabaye just pushed up a few yards and was more attacking. I don't think he's been playing his natural game here, to be honest, I think he's asked to play deeper than he'd like.

Know nothing of him before he joined us, but didn't it become common knowledge that, if anything, he preferred to play from a deeper position than what we could really do with from a player alongside Tiote?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Holy s***. Just flicking through here, but are we on the 'body language' kick with Tiote in place of Enrique, now? :lol:

Well only geordiemonster and Ethi.

Well I don't know what the Enrique body language thread was BUT the fact is Enrique's body language suggested he wanted to leave and it is an undisputed fact that he no longer plays for us.....

Yes monster.... if this guy wants to leave he can i am not a big fan of people who can not pass balls accuratly his is the worst i have seen. 20 mil ha .... Mick's Helcophter should be used again...

:lol: Are you on the wind up tonight?

It's Ethi, howay.

Holy s***. Just flicking through here, but are we on the 'body language' kick with Tiote in place of Enrique, now? :lol:

Well only geordiemonster and Ethi.

Well I don't know what the Enrique body language thread was BUT the fact is Enrique's body language suggested he wanted to leave and it is an undisputed fact that he no longer plays for us.....

Yes monster.... if this guy wants to leave he can i am not a big fan of people who can not pass balls accuratly his is the worst i have seen. 20 mil ha .... Mick's Helcophter should be used again...

:lol: Are you on the wind up tonight?

It's Ethi, howay.

True, very true.

He's a rock and even after two poor performances (2 games in 4 days of a come back)...those performances were more poor by his standards and not in the normal context of poor. IMHO of course.

He made mistakes but also stood strong on many occasions.

He'll be back up to top gear really soon :thup:

Agreed, that would have been a good performance for Butt or Smith

Disagree that it was a poor performance by his standards, he was terrible and offered us nothing.  Even when he had a dodgy game last season or the start of this one there'd be a handful of things he'd do very well, but I thought he was full-on shite on Wednesday.

I like him because he's the type of player most of us have craved for years in the wake of several physically lacking central midfielders. He's overrated on here, though. Should one of the top 6 teams buy him - which I doubt will happen - he'd probably play in the some of the big games but find himself benched for the vast majority.

Guest neesy111

Disagree that it was a poor performance by his standards, he was terrible and offered us nothing.  Even when he had a dodgy game last season or the start of this one there'd be a handful of things he'd do very well, but I thought he was full-on shite on Wednesday.

This.  He was a complete utter liability on Wednesday.  He tries to play too many killer balls imo as well.

Both Tiote and Cabaye have suffered from not playing with one another. Losing Guthrie has been a huge blow too, because he compensated for it a lot of the time.

Not that i'm excusing what really was a bloody horrendous performance from Cheick the other night. Doesn't concern me, though. They'll be together in the side tomorrow and i expect a better performance from both, and from the team as a whole.

Both Tiote and Cabaye have suffered from not playing with one another. Losing Guthrie has been a huge blow too, because he compensated for it a lot of the time.

Not that i'm excusing what really was a bloody horrendous performance from Cheick the other night. Doesn't concern me, though. They'll be together in the side tomorrow and i expect a better performance from both, and from the team as a whole.

aye, i've said before thattiote hasn't been what he was last season and it maybe down to lack of time forming a partnership with cabaye, but cabaye seems to have settled ok......we need to find out pretty soon.