Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest BooBoo

Should be fined, ludicrous behaviour.

Is it that gif on the previous page you're referring to? :lol:  In that case - wow.

Any player should be fined for dissent tbh.

Otter is on a fucking tear man, a Tiote style tear of this message board :lol: - leaving a trail of anger and destruction behind.

All my current gripes are fair I think:

- Concerned at so many players underperforming.

- Still annoyed about the shitty transfer window. The club has blown an amazing opportunity.

- Let down by the listless performances.

I think the 2 in bold are heavily related.  A few good signings and the club is galvanised, there's competition for places, etc.  I'm not particularly surprised that the season's been flat after we fannied about for 3 months and the usual "We're lucky we didn't lose anyone" shite got trotted out again.  It's very disappointing and you can only hope that we'll sort it sharpish in January and that it's not too late by then.

Should be fined, ludicrous behaviour.

Fined? For over reacting due to disappointment? Are you serious?

Only person who should be fined should be Howard Webb for bringing out a yellow card for absolutely nothing,  Tiote have every right to be disgusted

Guest firetotheworks

We'd get booked all the time man. Think about how you are when you play Fifa when you feel like you've been fucked over.

Id get a 12 match ban in almost every match.

Guest nufc_89

Absolutley loved it, he´s a true charachter. His willingness to win is a reason why he´ll always have a place in my heart, both as a Newcastle fan and as a fan of football in general.

That's what I thought, and if it was it's just as outrageous if not more so. It wasn't 'aimed' at anyone. Not like the horrible saliva filled words of John Terry when he shouts at a ref, or 7 or 8 Man Utd players when they disagree with a decision. Regardless of whether it was the foul or the 'dissent', it shouldn't have been a yellow.

Dissent

verb (used without object)

to differ in sentiment or opinion

Law 12 - Fouls and misconduct

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences

- Dissent by word or action

There probably hasn't been a clearer booking in the history of the game. Fucking get over it.

And there's no such thing as "Justified dissent", as if Webb getting the decision wrong prior to that one suddenly makes it OK for Cheik to behave like a fucking child who's had his sweets taken off him. Call Webb a cunt all you like for blowing for the initial foul, but after Tiote acted like a petulant 3 year old he had no option but to show him a card.

Dissent

A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences

There probably hasn't been a clearer booking in the history of the game. f***ing get over it.

And there's no such thing as "Justified dissent", as if Webb getting the decision wrong prior to that one suddenly makes it OK for Cheik to behave like a f***ing child who's had his sweets taken off him. Call Webb a c*** all you like for blowing for the initial foul, but after Tiote acted like a petulant 3 year old he had no option but to show him a card.

Its common sense, theres a difference between a clear 'in your face' dissent, swearing etc, and being gutted & dismayed the foul has been given, facing away from the ref aswell... I remember when we played Juventus away, ref blew for a free kick egde of the box, Dabizas rolled on the ground in disapointment because he couldnt believe it was given. Whys he do that? Because he's passionate and desparate to win. He was never a disrespectful player in a million years, its different shades of dissapointment and clear dissent.

Its common sense

You see, it's not though, is it? What Tiote did was a cautionable offence by both the laws of the game and the definition of word "dissent". I even posted both of them above. Common sense is completely fucking irrelevant.

Howard Webb, and every other referee works from this:

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/rulesandregulations/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/fifa-laws-of-the-game-2012-13.ashx

Now you can debate his performance in relation to other incidents all you like (But I'd still suggest cross-referencing with the above, for clarity), but in relation to this decision he got it absolutely right. However there is someone to blame for Tiote's booking. Sadly, it's Tiote.

Dissent

There probably hasn't been a clearer booking in the history of the game. Fucking get over it.

And there's no such thing as "Justified dissent", as if Webb getting the decision wrong prior to that one suddenly makes it OK for Cheik to behave like a fucking child who's had his sweets taken off him. Call Webb a cunt all you like for blowing for the initial foul, but after Tiote acted like a petulant 3 year old he had no option but to show him a card.

Spot on that. Immiediately thought he would get a yellow after he went apeshit over it.

I honestly think he's over rated, and would sell him for £15-£18M if such an offer come.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_104_1337025797.png

:lol:

Dissent

There probably hasn't been a clearer booking in the history of the game. f***ing get over it.

And there's no such thing as "Justified dissent", as if Webb getting the decision wrong prior to that one suddenly makes it OK for Cheik to behave like a f***ing child who's had his sweets taken off him. Call Webb a c*** all you like for blowing for the initial foul, but after Tiote acted like a petulant 3 year old he had no option but to show him a card.

Doesn't excuse the fact that it's one rule for the big boys and another for everyone else.

Man Utd are probably the biggest offenders in this department and yet they never get punished. It's bullshit!

Its common sense

You see, it's not though, is it? What Tiote did was a cautionable offence by both the laws of the game and the definition of word "dissent". I even posted both of them above. Common sense is completely fucking irrelevant.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/rulesandregulations/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/fifa-laws-of-the-game-2012-13.ashx

Now you can debate his performance in relation to other incidents all you like (But I'd still suggest cross-referencing with the above, for clarity), but in relation to this decision he got it absolutely right. However there is someone to blame for Tiote's booking. Sadly, it's Tiote.

Hmm, on occasion. Fair enough to the letter of the law he's guilty. A bit of consistency across the board would be nice, though.

Its common sense

You see, it's not though, is it? What Tiote did was a cautionable offence by both the laws of the game and the definition of word "dissent". I even posted both of them above. Common sense is completely f***ing irrelevant.

Hmm, on occasion. Fair enough to the letter of the law he's guilty. A bit of consistency across the board would be nice, though.

On occasion? To the letter of the law? FFS. :D

Get the fucking black and white specs off and look at this dispassionately. His was the most flagrant display of dissent I've seen in a long time and he deserved every single bit of his yellow card. Consistency isn't relevant here, this isn't some kind of borderline decision that we're looking at here, it's the clearest yellow for dissent that has been handed out this year. It was embarrassing watching him.

On occasion? To the letter of the law? FFS. :D

Get the f***ing black and white specs off and look at this dispassionately.

His was the most flagrant display of dissent I've seen in a long time... It was embarrassing watching him.

Way to be dispassionate  :lol: