Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

That's been the problem with much of this season. Most other teams play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 sytem, meaning Tiote and Cabs are outnumbered all of the time. We need to give them a chance and even up the numbers in the middle of the park. Then we should see them come into some better form and influence games like they can.

Tried too many risky passes yesterday when simpler balls were on.

Had to sit off Rooney a bit after he got booked as well.

He needs to get back to basics, which was what he did so well when he first joined. Get the ball and give it to the free man. He seems to be trying to be something he simply is not.

Guest firetotheworks

He needs to get back to basics, which was what he did so well when he first joined. Get the ball and give it to the free man. He seems to be trying to be something he simply is not.

If anything he needs to just look at what Perch is doing. As mad as that would have sounded a couple of years ago.

He & YoCabs where up against 4 Man Utd. central midfield players. Chasing shadows in that opening spell, I don't think either of them recovered mentally.

At times on this board we don't consider the other teams players when judging a performance. Our central players were outnumbered 2 to 4!

This is a good point and something I brought up in the match thread.

After about 30 minutes, I suggested brining Anita on and taking Cisse off in order to try and gain some control through the middle of the park.

That was in the vain hope of nicking one back and throwing all caution to the wind in chasing an equaliser.

Appreciate it wouldn't have gone down well and many will probably disagree but midfield is where we lost the game yesterday. In particular, that first half an hour.

Guest BooBoo

Yup. Needs to focus on avoiding an early card as once he's got the inevitable, he always has to back off.

Guest Roger Kint

The only consistent thing with him is the inconsistency of his performances at the moment.

He has 4 yellows in 5 games, thats pretty consistent.

He & YoCabs where up against 4 Man Utd. central midfield players. Chasing shadows in that opening spell, I don't think either of them recovered mentally.

At times on this board we don't consider the other teams players when judging a performance. Our central players were outnumbered 2 to 4!

This is a good point and something I brought up in the match thread.

After about 30 minutes, I suggested brining Anita on and taking Cisse off in order to try and gain some control through the middle of the park.

That was in the vain hope of nicking one back and throwing all caution to the wind in chasing an equaliser.

Appreciate it wouldn't have gone down well and many will probably disagree but midfield is where we lost the game yesterday. In particular, that first half an hour.

The midfield has been crowded out/ out played most of the time most games this season. 2 in the middle used to be ok a decade ago but nearly all PL sides rotate a 3/4 man central mid. Man U being a good example. Two running forwards drop off and hook up with the CM pairing this immediately nullifies all our mf play and time on the ball is non-existent.

Rooney and Wellbeck due to their pace and athleticism can play as loose forwards we don't really have that kind of player. Ba isn't athletic enough even when he does drop off  and Cisse looks like a fish out of water when he drops deep. Neither although not slow aren't blessed with a turn of real pace either.

Guest BooBoo

It was the equivalent of a toddler having a tantrum because someone took his toys away. The bloke picks up enough yellows as it is without going on like that.

Guest BooBoo

Otter is on a fucking tear man, a Tiote style tear of this message board :lol: - leaving a trail of anger and destruction behind.

All my current gripes are fair I think:

- Concerned at so many players underperforming.

- Still annoyed about the shitty transfer window. The club has blown an amazing opportunity.

- Let down by the listless performances.

Otter is on a f***ing tear man, a Tiote style tear of this message board :lol: - leaving a trail of anger and destruction behind.

- Still annoyed about the shitty transfer window. The club has blown an amazing opportunity.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with anything you've said btw. Just merely pointing out that the threads I've been in you've already dropped a hammer on.

Otter is on a fucking tear man, a Tiote style tear of this message board :lol: - leaving a trail of anger and destruction behind.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Dude+I+love+the+Feel+meme+I+did+this+for+_95ff49b998945d7b184d9761f940c1f7.jpg