Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest bimpy474

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a fucking shit ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey cunts still couldn't win the game.

How is it a red "by the letter of the law"? Raised his hands? ???

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

It's been a long time coming that he gets sent off for kicking out. Although not a red today there's been times in the past where he's gotten a yellow when he should be off. He's been a fucking headcase this year though and really needs to sort himself out.

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a fucking shit ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey cunts still couldn't win the game.

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

Guest bimpy474

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

Sorry mate crossed lines there, i thought it was the tackle you were talking about and not raised hands.

My fault that for not reading correctly.. apologises ;)

Atkinson is a f***ing s*** ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey c***s still couldn't win the game.

I'm not taking the piss, but I really think you should watch it again.

Guest frazernufc

Tiote is always a big miss, just from his positional play you used to tell the difference when he wasnt playing last season, but now Perch has basically moulded into very good CDM he aint as big of a miss as he used to be.

Guest bimpy474

It's easy to blame the ref, but it was moronic to do what he did. Him and Cabaye have been doing this for a while now, was going to catch up with them eventually.

He gave a poor ref a chance to send him off, daft sod. Thought it was a well deserved yellow myself, the only real reason i dont think it was red was the camera angle where he doesn't take his eye off the ball and his studs were facing down and not how Wilkins and Quim were making out.

Might be a bit generous that given my bias.

It's easy to blame the ref, but it was moronic to do what he did. Him and Cabaye have been doing this for a while now, was going to catch up with them eventually.

Moronic? What? He was looking to play the ball, put his foot out to connect with the ball and took the man with a nothing challenge where his studs were showing but there was no follow through or movement into the tackle. It's barely a fucking yellow. Honestly disgraceful refereeing. Atkinson needs to get the fuck out of the game, he shouldn't be allowed to do another PL game after that match

Guest bimpy474

I think the red was harsh but given the idiot refs track record when it comes to us it was idiotic to give him the opportunity to screw us over

Does make you wonder how De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa wasn't even regarded as a foul. Same ref like (you knew that didn't you :lol: )

I think the red was harsh but given the idiot refs track record when it comes to us it was idiotic to give him the opportunity to screw us over

Does make you wonder how De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa wasn't even regarded as a foul. Same ref like (you knew that didn't you :lol: )

aye had seen it on twitter earlier

how hes allowed to ref a game that has been a hard job for any ref down the years is beyond me

Guest bimpy474

aye had seen it on twitter earlier

how hes allowed to ref a game that has been a hard job for any ref down the years is beyond me

Well from what i've seen and heard myself, (trained to be a ref, didn't finish it but seems like i'm going to be giving it another go)

The ref's association will not allow the fast tracking of ex-pro footballers, they want them the learn lower down. For me while that situation stays then it will stay like it is, poor decisions and poor refs.

I'm a firm believer in a footballer knowing the difference in intent when viewing a tackle, therefore ex-footballers should be fast tracked, obviously weeding out the crappy ones.