Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If the tit has any real strength he should apologise to the rest of his team mates who had to cover for him.

It wasn't a red card man, fair enough he's reckless. Fair enough he's not been at his best for a while and fair enough he picks up far too many cards for nothing incidents. Not a red, shouldn't have to apologise for that, should take a look at his attitude though and realise he needs to change the stupid things in his game

I think the red was harsh but given the idiot refs track record when it comes to us it was idiotic to give him the opportunity to screw us over

Does make you wonder how De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa wasn't even regarded as a foul. Same ref like (you knew that didn't you :lol: )

aye had seen it on twitter earlier

how hes allowed to ref a game that has been a hard job for any ref down the years is beyond me

Well from what i've seen and heard myself, (trained to be a ref, didn't finish it but seems like i'm going to be giving it another go)

The ref's association will not allow the fast tracking of ex-pro footballers, they want them the learn lower down. For me while that situation stays then it will stay like it is, poor decisions and poor refs.

I'm a firm believer in a footballer knowing the difference in intent when viewing a tackle, therefore ex-footballers should be fast tracked, obviously weeding out the crappy ones.

that would require the FA showing they have a brain cell between them which is debatable at best

Guest bimpy474

I think the red was harsh but given the idiot refs track record when it comes to us it was idiotic to give him the opportunity to screw us over

Does make you wonder how De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa wasn't even regarded as a foul. Same ref like (you knew that didn't you :lol: )

aye had seen it on twitter earlier

how hes allowed to ref a game that has been a hard job for any ref down the years is beyond me

Well from what i've seen and heard myself, (trained to be a ref, didn't finish it but seems like i'm going to be giving it another go)

The ref's association will not allow the fast tracking of ex-pro footballers, they want them the learn lower down. For me while that situation stays then it will stay like it is, poor decisions and poor refs.

I'm a firm believer in a footballer knowing the difference in intent when viewing a tackle, therefore ex-footballers should be fast tracked, obviously weeding out the crappy ones.

that would require the FA showing they have a brain cell between them which is debatable at best

Aye, shameful that they think in such a closed shop kind of way.

Are we really saying we're an inferior team with Perch in there?

If anyone's daft enough to want to pay over £10 million for him then yes please.

Guest bimpy474

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

The lunatic fringe of the #NUFC fanbase simply do not understand the rules of football. Fortunately Pardew does & admits it WAS a red card.

Lunatic fringe. Prick.

I could repeatedly punch that arrogant twat in the face happily for hours.

The lunatic fringe of the #NUFC fanbase simply do not understand the rules of football. Fortunately Pardew does & admits it WAS a red card.

Lunatic fringe. Prick.

Looking around the internet it's not just NUFC fans that don't seem to "understand the rules".

He doesn't think, that's his problem. He was terrific in his first season, but since then he's only performed on the odd occasion. His red card was long overdue; a liability sadly.

Lunatic fringe. Prick.

Mirror sport.  The quality equivalent of a Sunderland attack :spit:

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a f***ing s*** ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey c***s still couldn't win the game.

How is it a red "by the letter of the law"? Raised his hands? ???

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

I'm not taking the piss, but I really think you should watch it again.

I've seen it a few times and I haven't changed my mind. I still think it was a red, although I think Larsson should have been sent off for the mackems and the fact they got no bookings shows what a shite ref Atkinson truly is.

Tiote tends to get a bit childish and self-centered in games.

He is great at imposing himself on the other side but this is often undercut by his rash tackling. He has all the makings of a good player but he will never become consistently good till he cuts out the silly stuff, of which I see no signs. His overall mental state in games is questionable ie holding onto the ball in tight situations with players around him which again leads to dangerous situations for us.

On his day he is great but when his mind isn't right he's a complete liability. Pardew needs to take him aside a bit more.

Could be a very good DM (not a complete one as his passing isn't good enough) but does he want it enough?

25 yellows in 50 games is unprofessional whichever way you look at it.

It was a stupid wreckless challenge in the context of the derby and red was the only card that the ref was going to show. Should never have given him the chance with a challenge like that. The bloody whistle had gone already anyway and we were in total control.

Guest Howaythetoon

That was never a red card although I can see why it was given and at the angle the ref saw it, it probably looked far worse than it actually was. For a start, he was chasing a moving bouncing ball while being man handled, his foot had to be raised if he was to make contact with that moving and bouncing ball. Unfortunately Fletcher was coming in fast and hard himself so contact was inevitable. There was no malice in it whatsoever though. It was a yellow, nothing more.

That said, Tiote as important as he is, needs to calm the fuck down at times and show some composure otherwise he will never become a top top player. At the moment, in the heat of battle, he is as much as a liability as he is a match winner or key player and that's something we can ill afford. We need him to be our Colo there in midfield.

Once the ref blew or he thought he was being fouled which he actually did, he should have just stopped going for the ball.

I always say, the player makes the ref's mind up for him in these instances and that's what Tiote's actions did, in effect costing us all 3 points.

Pardew has worked wonders on Ben Arfa's game apparently and now needs to do likewise with Tiote.

Guest hydeous

Does seem to bring confidence to the back 4, but he's a liability at times with his loose passes and ridiculous bookings.

I'd like to see Anita assert himself in the next 3 games and give Tiote some competition for his spot. With Colo back, we should be looking to play it out more from the back and Anita has the passing ability for that.

No doubt get slated for this but if we sold him this January I wouldn't be bothered.  Tired of his recklessness, injuries and poor play.

His value will be dropping, no way the player people big him up to be.  Problem is would we invest the money we would get for him in a new player?

Seriously, are we a worse side when Perch plays instead of Tiote? After today, the shirt is Perch's for the next three games at least and if he performs like today, should keep it.

No doubt get slated for this but if we sold him this January I wouldn't be bothered.  Tired of his recklessness, injuries and poor play.

His value will be dropping, no way the player people big him up to be.  Problem is would we invest the money we would get for him in a new player?

We invested the Carroll money so why not? and if we actually started passing the ball i'd be confident in Anita the reason Tiote is so important is because how often we go back to front and he covers ground better than the rest.

If we passed the ball more i'm sure the likes of Perch, Anita etc etc wouldn't look out of place in the team.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I think he's a idiot for that tackle today, he really should know better. Still love him though, top player.

Seriously, are we a worse side when Perch plays instead of Tiote? After today, the shirt is Perch's for the next three games at least and if he performs like today, should keep it.

Bigi for me.