Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

We will be unchanged for Spurs IMO. I Can't see Pardew changing a team thats won two in a row.

I think they probably deserve it aswell.

Fair comment, I wouldn't have too much issue with that. Depends on potential injuries mind.

Bench would probably be Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Tiote, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sh.Ameobi.

Could be worse. :)

I just think from a man management point of view, it would send the wrong message to just throw Tiote back in as soon as he returns.

He was in shocking form before he left, so why not make him sweat a bit and earn his place back in the team?

We've been doing ok in the last two games without him and you never know, it might be the kick up the arse he needs to get back to form.

If Tiote could keep things simple and get back to the from he showed in his first season, a midfield three with Cabaye and Sissoko would be wank worthy.

We will be unchanged for Spurs IMO. I Can't see Pardew changing a team thats won two in a row.

I think they probably deserve it aswell.

I can see him playing Tiote over Perch mind. I think, in Pardew's mind anyway, he doesn't think there's much difference between Jonas & Marveaux so hasn't needed to change that, and he also likes Taylor.

Tiote on the other hand, is a massive upgrade on Perch.

Personally, I think Anita, if used properly is a fantastic in the DM role of a midfield three.

For Ajax he was the hub of the team, dropping deep to pick the ball up from the centre back and starting moves, always giving an option in possession and keeping the team ticking over.

He seemed to anticipate situations and intercept things well, which made up for his lack of physicality.

I think if we played Yanga-Mbiwa alongside Coloccini at the back, with santon and debuchy as fullbacks, the team would be better set up for anita to pick the ball up from the defenders and start moves, allowing us to have more posession and control in games. Something that hasn't been possible up to this point because of Williamson and Simpsons lack of ability in posession/hoofs up field.

I still don't think we've seen the best of Anita at all, and he hasn't been properly used in his best role yet. I feel for him tbh.

Personally, I think Anita, if used properly is a fantastic in the DM role of a midfield three.

For Ajax he was the hub of the team, dropping deep to pick the ball up from the centre back and starting moves, always giving an option in possession and keeping the team ticking over.

He seemed to anticipate situations and intercept things well, which made up for his lack of physicality.

I think if we played Yanga-Mbiwa alongside Coloccini at the back, with santon and debuchy as fullbacks, the team would be better set up for anita to pick the ball up from the defenders and start moves, allowing us to have more posession and control in games. Something that hasn't been possible up to this point because of Williamson and Simpsons lack of ability in posession/hoofs up field.

I still don't think we've seen the best of Anita at all, and he hasn't been properly used in his best role yet. I feel for him tbh.

:thup:

yeah, it's amazing that Anita hasn't been used in the same role that he played for Ajax yet. We must've bought him because of the way he was playing there. He's one of the ones that Pardew went over to watch as well, isn't he?

Think Tiote will have a new lease of life like Jonas had on saturday having better more capable players around him will do him the world of good ,not that it had much affect on Cisse mind but hopefully will turn the corner .