Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7390652/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cheick Tiote has told skysports.com that he is flattered by reported interest in him, but insists he 'loves' Newcastle United.

The Ivorian has emerged as one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League since joining Newcastle in 2010 from FC Twente.

His progress was rewarded in February this year with a six-and-half-year deal - but recent weeks has seen speculation increase that Newcastle could face a fight to hang on to him.

Chelsea were first to be credited with an interest, but Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all now said to be keeping close tabs on his situation.

However, Tiote insists that he is not thinking about leaving - although he is flattered by the interest.

"I am flattered by clubs interested but there is nothing official," he told skysports.com.

"When teams such as Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United are interested in you it makes you think twice, but I love Newcastle, I belong to Newcastle and I enjoy my life here."

Exit strategy in motion

:troll:

I actually think Tiote is being honest and personally has no intention of leaving but it probably won't be his choice.

Would love to see what would happen if a club came in with a ridiculous offer and the club wanted to sell but Tiote refused to go.

Fucking pisses me off when players throw Liverpool in the same bracket as them lot. There's no fucking way they're an obviously better option than we are.

I hate Liverpool, but they shows a lot more ambition than us.

Not that their signing have been brilliant, they at least have some squad dept and owner willing to invest in the squad.

That counts when a player are choosing what club to join.

Genuinely feel that there's very little between us and them nowadays. Although you can define each clubs' progress differently (we're 'punching above our weight' whilst they're 'underachieving'), i think we're just about as good as each other. Not that i ever expect us to win at Anfield.

It's an insult that you'd get your head turned by them as a club. If they're gonna treble your wages, than i could understand it - a la Carroll, but in old-fashioned footballing terms - there's nothing you're more likely to get there than you are here imo.

I loved Tiote last year, but this year he's just average - 20m-odd player? No way.

Man Utd, Chelsea, even L'pool - no way after today's p~~s poor display. We can relax during January as far as Tiote is concerned.

utterly pathetic performance.

Slightly harsh I think, first half yes, and had some bad moments second but did better, and was unfortunate not to score really. Still at best a completely mediocre one and didn't shield the defence well.