Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

A Prozone zealot, he has been trawling through DVDs and holding long summits with coaches Steve Stone and Willie Donachie to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the squad he inherited.

Allardyce-lite!  :frantic:

He is at least saying the right things at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

He's not getting an inch of gratitude from me as yet. As things stand, I don't trust him, or anything he says. It wouldn't surprise me if he specifically mentioned Tiote because he's a fan favourite.

It does stink of propaganda a bit so far. 'Quick, tell them all their favourites are staying and we're even going to strengthen in January'.

This. He needs to shut up to be honest. Setting himself up for a big fall when Ashley sells players behind his back.

He's not getting an inch of gratitude from me as yet. As things stand, I don't trust him, or anything he says. It wouldn't surprise me if he specifically mentioned Tiote because he's a fan favourite.

I doubt he's losing any sleep over it tbh.

:kinnear:

I doubt he's losing any sleep over it tbh.

:kinnear:

:rolleyes:

To me..... Pardew sounds just like Souness when he first took over..... nothing but good talk and praise for the like of Bellamy, Dyer, etc.

By already coming out and making comments about clarifying Jose's and Barton's futures is already making me worried, tbh. Not to mention the talk about keeping Tiote here for 6 years or so. It just seems like there's no need to make any of this public... especially at this early stage.

It's all soundbitastic so far.  Pardew by all appearances would make a good politician.  Say the right things to placate and distract the rabble. 

He's known for being good at PR and dealing with the media. But it will become obvious soon enough whether he's got any real influence or if he's just being put up as another puppet.

It's all soundbitastic so far.  Pardew by all appearances would make a good politician.  Say the right things to placate and distract the rabble. 

He's known for being good at PR and dealing with the media. But it will become obvious soon enough whether he's got any real influence or if he's just being put up as another puppet.

He is known for being BAD at dealing with the media.

Got my info from talking to fans of clubs he's managed - and you?

"In 2003, the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments. When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans."

Wikipedia. Look the notes up if you doubt the information.

"In 2003, the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments. When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans."

Wikipedia. Look the notes up if you doubt the information.

Yup got that BBC comment. The West Ham fans that I know all reckon he was good at PR and playing  the media. The point I originally made was in response to someone saying that Pardew was making all the right noises (and several others have said the same) so he's showing signs right now that he is GOOD at dealing with the media. My point was merely that making noises is one thing but you can't deliver if you have no influence.

wonder if any of tiotes family are caught up in what's happening in the cote d'ivoire at the momemt, sounds selfish but i hope he can remain focused on his football, sometimes, and from experience, football is a great release from outside worries.

Don't blame Pardew for sucking up to the fans in his first couple of weeks - not that i'm paying any great attention to it. It's literally the only option he has, from a media point of view. Imagine, in the aftermath of the Hughton debarcle, he came out with some billy-big-bollocks 'lets get on with it' nonsense. He might be thinking that, but given the swell of bad feeling towards his arrival, it'd be a ridiculous way to go about it. But ultimately it all means very little at this stage.

Don't blame Pardew for sucking up to the fans in his first couple of weeks - not that i'm paying any great attention to it. It's literally the only option he has, from a media point of view. Imagine, in the aftermath of the Hughton debarcle, he came out with some billy-big-bollocks 'lets get on with it' nonsense. He might be thinking that, but given the swell of bad feeling towards his arrival, it'd be a ridiculous way to go about it. But ultimately it all means very little at this stage.

Exactly, he's playing it the only way he can.

All that matters is what happens on the field. At least he has identified the key men quickly, the likes of Tiote, Barton, Carroll and Ben Arfa, although it wasn't exactly hard to see that they - along with Enrique - are the key men and pretty much undroppable when fit. We'd be mad to let any of them go.