Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Howaythetoon

It is worrying how the media are now starting to notice him. Redknapp said he was one of the buys of the season and Wilkins likened him to Essien. He was absolutely immense once again although frustrating at times. I've never seen anyone as hungry as Alan Shearer in a Toon shirt to score a goal, well I've never seen anyone as hungry as Tiote to win the ball back.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is worrying how the media are now starting to notice him. Redknapp said he was one of the buys of the season and Wilkins likened him to Essien. He was absolutely immense once again although frustrating at times. I've never seen anyone as hungry as Alan Shearer in a Toon shirt to score a goal, well I've never seen anyone as hungry as Tiote to win the ball back.

If they are talking about him being Essienesque. Essien cost Chelsea nearly 30 million and that was 5 years ago

Top clubs better dig deep!

Guest GeordieAce

Was pretty embarrassing what he did at the end, really unlike him as well. Hope he cuts that side of his game out.

It was unlike him, he probably had a finger in his eye because I don't think he's the type to act.

Yep, hes a hard cunt, doubt he would go on like that for nowt. A finger in the eye chafes a bit tbh.

I thought it was just him trying to waste a little bit time.

Great player. Not worried about people noticing him. If they didnt, it wouldnt mean he wasnt performing. If top clubs want him, they can pay top money for him.

I assume you mean, if there was no way of keeping him top clubs would have to pay big money.

I think he's key to your progress over the next couple of years. Selling him would be quite disastrous at this moment in time, IMO.

Great player. Not worried about people noticing him. If they didnt, it wouldnt mean he wasnt performing. If top clubs want him, they can pay top money for him.

We would deserve to be shot with shit if we sold him, he's one of our best finds for years.

I assume you mean, if there was no way of keeping him top clubs would have to pay big money.

I think he's key to your progress over the next couple of years. Selling him would be quite disastrous at this moment in time, IMO.

Selling him would be moronic, he's one of the few but expanding number of players that we should be building a side around.

of course. easily one of our top 3 players. Has been brilliant. If any of the top clubs want him, then we should be demanding top money i.e Essien. didnt Ramies also cost £20 + million?

Selling him would be moronic, he's one of the few but expanding number of players that we should be building a side around.

Indeed. I can see your spine being Coloccini, Tiote and Carroll for a good few years assuming nothing drastic happens; with Enrique and Barton providing ample quality too.