Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He has got limitations, and he's not one of the best midfielders in the league, but he's still a good one and one who can improve. Most importantly, he's a good one for us.

if we could it would be the ideal time to give him a few weeks out. he's starting to look rattled and i think the legs may go soon due to playing more regular and at a higher standard than he's used to....unfortunatly we can't afford to leave him out.

Guest sittingontheball

Went to ground late yesterday so it was an obvious card.  Any kind of contact and that could be straight red and three match ban = four games' punishment. Just for missing the ball by 1/10 of a second. An open-field type sliding 50-50 is probably not worth the risk for a player with a reputation.

Most of his fouls are not malicious though. He simply covers lots of ground and gets stuck in. He's strong on the ball so he's fouled repeatedly himself.

I think he is a dirty player.  Definitely a ruthless streak in him that he doesn't need to get rid of, actually far from it.  He just needs to develop a control and almost coax his way around the yellow cards.  Become a professional cunt.

Also of the opinion that his performances have dropped off recently.  Although he did come up against arguably one of the top 2/3 midfielders in the country today.

Thought he controlled himself pretty well after that incident with Kaboul. The Spuds' players were clearly trying to get him sent off I think, by falling over every time he got anywhere near them and generally provoking him every chance they got.

Having said that he does need to stop "learning" from the likes of Smith and play within himself a bit more.

sad to say some old git in the pub yesteday was shouting "black bastard" every time tiote touched the ball in the second half.

he had had a lot to drink, but i was getting annoyed by it.  Felt bad about punching some old bloke who was 75+ so i just consoled myself by hurling abuse at jenas.

Tioté is the type of player we've been crying out for since Speed's legs packed in. He's comfortably our best central midfielder, and is an absolute steal.

Yes, he does have some flaws in his game, which is why he's playing for us and not Chelsea.

However, he's the least of our problems at the moment.

Tioté is the type of player we've been crying out for since Speed's legs packed in. He's comfortably our best central midfielder, and is an absolute steal.

Yes, he does have some flaws in his game, which is why he's playing for us and not Chelsea.

The ones where he cheaply gives the ball to the opposition who then attack our goal and upon occasion actually score against us. Blackburn and Man City.

Guest Ridzuan

Theres no doubt that Tiote should start in our every game, because he does a great job protecting the back four. What he lacks is moving forward, maybe he can try improve on that. Right now, i dont think we have any capable attacking CM that should partner with Tiote. Maybe when Gosling is back fit, he should start alongside Tiote.

Guest Ridzuan

Theres no doubt that Tiote should start in our every game, because he does a great job protecting the back four. What he lacks is moving forward, maybe he can try improve on that. Right now, i dont think we have any capable attacking CM that should partner with Tiote. Maybe when Gosling is back fit, he should start alongside Tiote.

He did give the ball away and commit too many fouls yesterday but he really had fuck all help from those around him from what I saw. He is our best midfielder imo. If you stuck him in say the Arsenal team where everyone is making themselves available all the time then he would be pretty fantastic.

The ones where he cheaply gives the ball to the opposition who then attack our goal and upon occasion actually score against us. Blackburn and Man City.

For crying out loud.

Attempting to keep possession and pass the ball does have it's drawbacks. A sliding tackle and  a welly up the pitch would definitely be safer (until the ball came back).

I don't know how someone could go to the effort to be so negative all the time.

I may have got him confused with someone else but didn't Crumpy say he is a teacher? I bet that's a barrel of laughs for the kids.

He teaches A-level Misanthropy and Hate.

I may have got him confused with someone else but didn't Crumpy say he is a teacher?  I bet that's a barrel of laughs for the kids.

He's a driving instructor so you’re close.

I may have got him confused with someone else but didn't Crumpy say he is a teacher?  I bet that's a barrel of laughs for the kids.

He's a driving instructor so youre close.

Bet his test days are a blast.

You performed each maneuver perfectly and i'm pleased to inform you you failed because your socks are shit