Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If people want to believe the NOTW story, then take the entire story including the bit where it says we knocked back a bid from Chelsea last month. That's smells of a club desperate to sell like.

we only knocked them back as an encouragment for them to buy in the summer.

If people want to believe the NOTW story, then take the entire story including the bit where it says we knocked back a bid from Chelsea last month. That's smells of a club desperate to sell like.

we only knocked them back as an encouragment for them to buy in the summer.

or come back with a better price.

Guest firetotheworks

Stop mentioning money ffs. I might be getting older, but far too much is based around money, I think it's time we started valuing players purely on their contribution, and not the monetary value assigned to that contribution. I couldn't give a fuck if a player is a bargain, just as much as I couldn't give a fuck if they're on 100k a week.

Hey by some miracle he may say NO to a move, I am sure not every player is as greedy as Carroll... my Chelski worry is its where his mates are.

my chelsea worry is that he wants to play at the highest level ie champs league and stand a better chance of winning things.

also i think even the likes of real madrid and barce will be looking at him.

Hey by some miracle he may say NO to a move, I am sure not every player is as greedy as Carroll... my Chelski worry is its where his mates are.

my chelsea worry is that he wants to play at the highest level ie champs league and stand a better chance of winning things.

You know it is allowed for other teams to have good players. Every player that has a decent season doesn't end up at Barca.

it doesn't matter who the player is, or who the club is, every player has his price.

We'll go nowhere as a club unless we resist bids for our better players.  Carroll could be replaced and we've had plenty of good forwards at this club to prove that.  We haven't had a defensive midfielder anywhere near as good as Tiote had been this season.  I can't remember a better left back at this club than Enrique and I'll include the likes of Alan Kennedy and Frank Clark in that.  Simpson could turn out to be our best right back since David Craig and for the last 2 seasons Coloccini has been the best central defender we’ve had since Woodgate and he’s arguably better since his injury record is miles better.

If we are ambitious then we’ll tell other clubs to piss off, if we’re not then we’ll sell our players to the highest bidders and we’ll never do anything.

I wish we didn't always have to look at the negatives, can't we just enjoy him and make the most of him being here now?

I know the Carroll sale "confirmed" the belief that Ashley is going to sell everything that's not nailed down but let's be honest, not many clubs in the world would have turned down that offer, I am one of those who said I wouldn't sell for anything btw.

It's up to our club to convince our better players that they can stay here to fulfil their ambitions.

I wish we didn't always have to look at the negatives, can't we just enjoy him and make the most of him being here now?

I know the Carroll sale "confirmed" the belief that Ashley is going to sell everything that's not nailed down but let's be honest, not many clubs in the world would have turned down that offer, I am one of those who said I wouldn't sell for anything btw.

Well said.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” Pardew.

Of course there will be bids. How big and who from remains to be seen but he's put himself on the 'GET' list of loads of clubs with his performances for us. Huge club are crying out for someone like him to come in do a job for them. They'll come in for him 100% certain.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” Pardew.

goes for every club really. villa will have a problem if man utd bid for young, arsenal will have a problem if real or barce bid for nasri etc etc.

I would like to see that full interview, it wouldn't be in the media's interest to take some of the context away from the story I suppose?

If Pardew had said he definitely wasn't for sale it would just be "he said that about Carroll!".

All players have a price, I am sure Pardew is concious of the Carroll incident and wasn't saying "yeah, give us an offer"

goes for every club really. villa will have a problem if man utd bid for young, arsenal will have a problem if real or barce bid for nasri etc etc.

If a player is comfortable at a club and feels that the club is going places then he'll stay.

If a player is comfortable at a club and feels that the club is going places then he'll stay.

not if the jump is to a chelsea level club.

Rory Smith (Telegraph) on Twitter

I remember watching #nufc with a Geordie mate who counted how many times Tiote gave the ball away. He doesn't. Best signing this season?

4 hours ago reply

Two observations about this weekend's football. 1. Cheikh Tiote. He'll cost a lot of money this summer. And would be perfect for #arsenal.

4 hours ago reply

Rory Smith (Telegraph) on Twitter

I remember watching #nufc with a Geordie mate who counted how many times Tiote gave the ball away. He doesn't. Best signing this season?

4 hours ago reply

Two observations about this weekend's football. 1. Cheikh Tiote. He'll cost a lot of money this summer. And would be perfect for #arsenal.

4 hours ago reply

Shut this guy up!!