Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If there was even the slightest chance the Newcastle would consider selling Tiote I don't think that they would have held him out of the final two matches of the season, I mean he would be worth the same whether banned for a game or two or otherwise so we would have played him if he was going anywhere.

My opinion!

Pardew: I won't change Cheick Tiote's style

by Steve Brown, Evening Chronicle

May 31 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/31/pardew-i-won-t-change-cheick-tiote-s-style-72703-28793042/#ixzz1NvZvagXm

1 month ago he basically said the opposite of that.

Erm, I thought he said exactly the same.  In fact, I thought the article was a repeat.

Pardew: I won't change Cheick Tiote's style

by Steve Brown, Evening Chronicle

May 31 2011

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/31/pardew-i-won-t-change-cheick-tiote-s-style-72703-28793042/#ixzz1NvZvagXm

1 month ago he basically said the opposite of that.

If by 'opposite', you mean 'pretty much exactly the same', then yes.

Edit: Damn too slow. Aye, what Chris said. :lol:

“I think his record will be better, but he isn’t going to change,” Pardew said.

“We’re all going to be exasperated at some point, when he gets a booking or smashes into someone.

“But we’ll all probably smile about it, because that’s him and I wouldn’t want to change that.

and

“Cheik’s tackling is usually well-timed but he is aggressive and he just needs to tone that down a little bit,” he said.

"I will look at all the bookings through the summer with him, all 14, and make him understand four or five definitely shouldn’t be happening.”

So basically, he wants him to be more aware of his challenges, knowing he won't be able to cut all the mistakes out but can at least lower the amount a bit. He's saying it in a bit of a slapdash way, but it just about makes sense to me.

Tbf, I don't see why people expect Tiote's going to do this every season, anyway. For a first season in the PL, his biggest things to work on seem to be some of his challenges and the dilly dallying around the box, 2 things which should improve over the years as he grows more and more accustomed to the PL.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see Tiote and Cabaye smash around the middle of the pitch together.

To take a step back from my general cynicism for a moment (ie we probably only earmarked Cabaye because of the buy out clause :lol:), I would hope that from the moment they gave Tiote that new deal the club have been on the lookout for someone to compliment as best as possible.

I hope it works and can't wait to find out. :indi:

Guest sicko2ndbest

A top centre forward and next season looks exciting

.................. Tiote....................

..........Barton.........cabaye.......

Ben arfa.............................jonas

.....................?????....................

A top centre forward and next season looks exciting

.................. Tiote....................

..........Barton.........cabaye.......

Ben arfa.............................jonas

.....................?????....................

That's what i've been thinking, trying not to though as we'll most likely implode before august.