Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

And people had a go at me when I said we shouldn't have rested him end of last season to avoid suspension...idiots.

I surely didn't need

Aye, the people who wanted him ready for the start of the season could have known this was going to happen while the club coultn't.  Honestly, give your head a shake.

Surely didn't need a wink there. :lol:

Something else that needs to be considered at this point is his fitness levels, what's he doing in Ghana to tune up for the season, how's he gonna get match fitness. This is a major cock up by the club, something that unfortunately is not uncommon.

Something else that needs to be considered at this point is his fitness levels, what's he doing in Ghana to tune up for the season, how's he gonna get match fitness. This is a major cock up by the club, something that unfortunately is not uncommon.

I honestly don't think match fitness or general fitness will be a big issue. He dropped into our team with ease last season. If he arrives back on the morning of the game I'd play him if he was up for it.

Not the clubs fault apparantlly the Ghana side was broken on this and dont know if the Toon hierachy should have noticed or not  :undecided:

I honestly don't think match fitness or general fitness will be a big issue. He dropped into our team with ease last season. If he arrives back on the morning of the game I'd play him if he was up for it.

Derek Wright's out there with him keeping him up to speed. Fitness shouldn't be an issue.

Tiote having to wrestle him for food every mealtime, like?

I jest.

Seriously, Tiote is the one player in our squad I'd be least worried about in terms of fitness due to something like this. He's a beast.

As TRon says, he has been undertaking his own programme in Ghana anyway, so match practice would be the major concern.

Guest Geordiesned

Pardew has just said on Radio Newcastle that he expects Tiote to be back some time this week.

Like he's got a clue.

Guest Geordiesned

Title change :)

"Cheik Tiote - AP expects Tiote to be back sometime this week. AP also expected a new striker in before we went to the USA"

"Cheik Tiote - AP expects Tiote to be back sometime this week. AP also expected a new striker in before we went to the USA"

Pards and his compulsive lying. tsk tsk.

Guest Geordiesned

Pards and his compulsive lying. tsk tsk.

I actually don't think he lies. He just pretends he knows what's going on when he's as in the dark as we are.