Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Why?

Whenever this thread gets bumped, my automatic assumption that something bad has happened kicks in :pow:

Ahhhhhhhhh. We haven't sold him...yet.

But really, I'm confident he's not going to be sold during this window...

On another note - i watched the second half of the 4-4 the other day again. When the comentator says Tioteeeeeeeee....it makes my heart melt. Losing Tiote this soon after the 4-4 would be like losing a testacle after sex.

Why?

Whenever this thread gets bumped, my automatic assumption that something bad has happened kicks in :pow:

Ahhhhhhhhh. We haven't sold him...yet.

But really, I'm confident he's not going to be sold during this window...

On another note - i watched the second half of the 4-4 the other day again. When the comentator says Tioteeeeeeeee....it makes my heart melt. Losing Tiote this soon after the 4-4 would be like losing a testacle after sex.

:sadnod:

I've got the MOTD highlights on my phone, whenever I feel down, I just watch that again.

Really needs to stop losing the ball as often as he's been doing since the start of the season, needs to go back to keeping it simple.

Just held onto the ball a couple of times when he should have played it and got caught.

Thought he got much better as the game went on. Still give the ball away far too much though.

Aye he did improve BUT overall thought he was poor

Though I have to add that is compared to his usual high standards. If that was Alan Smith playing that would have been a good performance for him

He was poor today actually.

Is he a muslim? They are on Ramadan - cannot eat beween sunrise (about 5.30am) and sunset. Marveaux and Ba are Muslims - possible reason for their limited roles so far.

It really would be difficult for an athlete to observe that. You could not possibly be at your best in Tiote's position if you are observing those conditions.

Thought he did better in the 2nd half. Average performance from Tiote. Lost the ball a few times, misplaced passes unusually often and looked a little off his usual pace. Battled through the whole game though, and did a lot of good defensive work. Will only get better game by game  O0

Is he a muslim? They are on Ramadan - cannot eat beween sunrise (about 5.30am) and sunset. Marveaux and Ba are Muslims - possible reason for their limited roles so far.

It really would be difficult for an athlete to observe that. You could not possibly be at your best in Tiote's position if you are observing those conditions.

He doesn't look like he's been fasting. If anything he looks slightly heavier than last season. I think he needed a proper pre season and will take a few games to get up to full speed and then we'll see Cabaye getting more instrumental as well.

Not sure if he is

Was not aware of Marveaux being muslim

Demba Ba I recall reading an article on when he was at Hoffenheim where he said he fasted BUT not on match days

Tiote seems half a yard off the pace to me. He was fucking rapid into the tackle last year and kept possession at pretty much all times.

Seems he just needs games.

Thankfully we're getting results without him at his very best which can only be a good thing.

Tiote seems half a yard off the pace to me. He was f***ing rapid into the tackle last year and kept possession at pretty much all times.

Seems he just needs games.

Thankfully we're getting results without him at his very best which can only be a good thing.

Be back to his best soon, don't worry.

His pre-season has been messed up.