Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Chubby Jason

As good as he is IMO Tiote isn't suited to play for Chelsea or Man United. Not good enough on the ball.

Man United have a terrible set of centre mids for a club of their stature. He'd walk into that team.

Bullshit.

nope

Tiote is better than Ramires. Essien, we don't know if he will be the same player as he was before the injury, and Lampard, whilst still a good player is well past his best. Tiote would improve Chelsea in midfield in my humble. When you see Mikel getting a game fairly regularly, it's impossible not to say this.

Tiote and Ramires both play completely different roles. They shouldn't really be compared.

Tiote is better than Ramires. Essien, we don't know if he will be the same player as he was before the injury, and Lampard, whilst still a good player is well past his best. Tiote would improve Chelsea in midfield in my humble. When you see Mikel getting a game fairly regularly, it's impossible not to say this.

Tiote and Ramires both play completely different roles. They shouldn't really be compared.

They do, I just think Chelsea have other players, such as Lampard and Meireles who do what Ramires does. They have nobody save Essien and Mikel who do what Tiote does. And as I say we dont know how Essien will perform when he comes back , and Mikel is fucking shite. I can see this happening, unfortunately.

Tiote is amazing for us, but he has just enough weaknesses to make the elite teams hesitant. Not great on the ball and he has a nasty yellow card habit. Despite that, he's worth more than £20m. If the worst does happen, we can go back to France and get M'Vila or Moussa Sissoko.

Essien isn't a holding midfielder either. Yes, he can play there, but to me he's always been more effective playing the box to box role. Like when he was at Lyon and Diarra was the holding midfielder.

To be fair if someone offered £20 million plus for Tiote I would bite their hand off.  He's an excellent player with many strong attributes but he has weaknesses to his game.

I'm not sure if we would have got that result against Stoke with Tiote in the team.  In that game the technical partnership of Cabaye and Guthrie was better suited to outpassing Stoke's dire team.  Tiote would have been all action and aggression, which was not needed at that time.

Tiote's play on the edge of the box always worries me.  Plus the amount of bookings he picks up is ridiculous.  We would need a new powerful central midfielder.

I would be gutted if he leaves, but over £20 million - you have to accept that.  If clubs/mugs like Chelsea and Liverpool turn up at your door wanting to hand you tens of millions for a player you should just accept.  It tends to look like a great deal for the selling club with the benefit of hindsight hindsight.

This is all just paper talk, but I could envisage Chelsea in particular going for him, and Tiote wanting to go play with his heroes Drogba and Essien.

If accepting we have to sell him, that's a nonsense anyway, if we want to be competing with the Man Us of the world we need to be able to keep hold of our best players, I hope they make sure to have a replacement lined up immediately, rather than selling then frantically searching around for the last few hours.

Fingers crossed will come to nothing

The other hope is that we have a gem in Mehdi Abeid, though way too soon to know

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be fair if someone offered £20 million plus for Tiote I would bite their hand off.  He's an excellent player with many strong attributes but he has weaknesses to his game.

I'm not sure if we would have got that result against Stoke with Tiote in the team.  In that game the technical partnership of Cabaye and Guthrie was better suited to outpassing Stoke's dire team.  Tiote would have been all action and aggression, which was not needed at that time.

Tiote's play on the edge of the box always worries me.  Plus the amount of bookings he picks up is ridiculous.  We would need a new powerful central midfielder.

I would be gutted if he leaves, but over £20 million - you have to accept that.  If clubs/mugs like Chelsea and Liverpool turn up at your door wanting to hand you tens of millions for a player you should just accept.  It tends to look like a great deal for the selling club with the benefit of hindsight hindsight.

This is all just paper talk, but I could envisage Chelsea in particular going for him, and Tiote wanting to go play with his heroes Drogba and Essien.

Agree, he's fucking shite.

Guest thenorthumbrian

"ALAN PARDEW has warned top four suitors it will take a "hell of a lot" of money to prise Cheick Tiote - or any of the club’s stars - from Newcastle this January.

The Sunday Sun understands that Chelsea are contemplating a winter bid for Tiote while Tottenham are also interested in the Ivory Coast star.

But Pardew says it will take a “shed load” of cash for Newcastle to even consider letting Tiote go.

“It is going to cost a hell of a lot of money, because we’re in that position now,” he said.

“I think any of our players that get linked to other clubs, those clubs are going to need to know they’ll need to pay a shed load of money to get anyone out of this football club.”

I am not sure why Pardew is suddenly advertising the fact our players are for sale at the right price, surely we should be busting a gut to hold on to our best players and looking to build a squad capable of competing at the top end of the table.

I really hope that Pardew isn't on a contract that means he gets a cut from outgoing transfers, similar to Ian Holloway at Blackpool.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/20/alan-pardew-in-warning-to-top-four-suitors-79310-29806164/

I give up.

:lol: To sum up your post: Cheik Tiote - excellent player but sell him because he's not excellent.

And yes, great to get lots of money for him - I guess Ashley's chopper needs some new painting.....

What's the point of accepting these deals if we're not going to see the benefit of the money? (Except for paying Ba's agent fees of £50m or whatever they were)

:thup: This.

Still can't get people who agree to sell players for whatever kind of money. Be happy with the players we've got!

30m?  Would.  That makes me the devil but I like red suits and brimstone. 

What for? Genuine question.

If it was the final pay-off required to get our stadium name back and for Ashley/Llambias to fuck off, then maybe. No assurances the next owner would be any better mind you. Otherwise, don't see the point whatsoever.