Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I reckon he'll be back for Liverpool on the 30th, his farewell before the Chelsea move is official on the 1st.

He won't go to Chelsea. They've got Essien returning from injury soon and also Romeu who is looking a good prospect so far.

Essien is always returning from injury, that's the problem.

is that irony ?

I should have put "returning from injury" in quotation marks.

I reckon he'll be back for Liverpool on the 30th, his farewell before the Chelsea move is official on the 1st.

He won't go to Chelsea. They've got Essien returning from injury soon and also Romeu who is looking a good prospect so far.

not the same player he was.

I like the look of Frimpong. If Arsenal bid £25m plus Frimpong i'd accept.  :) then again if we're not intending to spend the money on something substantial like new players, what's the point?

I like the look of Frimpong. If Arsenal bid £25m plus Frimpong i'd accept.  :) then again if we're not intending to spend the money on something substantial like new players, what's the point?

More chance of me signing for Arsenal.

I heard him on radio newcastle on my way to ASDA (Not Sainsburys though cos i ain't a posh bastard) and he said he expected colo to be back for Swansea and hoped Chiek would be back so i wouldn't build your hopes up.

:lol:

More chance of me signing for Arsenal.

You might have a chance as their south american scout tbf

He's not, I agree with that. Tbh, I think Essien has underachieved in his career, as due to his versatility he's always been asked to play slightly out of position. He's not even a holding midfielder, yet loads of people label him as this. He's a class box-to-box midfielder, and always has been.

Guest Heneage

He's not, I agree with that. Tbh, I think Essien has underachieved in his career, as due to his versatility he's always been asked to play slightly out of position. He's not even a holding midfielder, yet loads of people label him as this. He's a class box-to-box midfielder, and always has been.

I remember seeing highlights of him at Lyon when he joined Chelsea and there was nothing that suggested holding midfielder. He's exactly the type of player that Ramires is, a box to box midfielder. In some ways I think they really nullified him by asking him to just sit.

I heard him on radio newcastle on my way to ASDA (Not Sainsburys though cos i ain't a posh bastard) and he said he expected colo to be back for Swansea and hoped Chiek would be back so i wouldn't build your hopes up.

Have they still got their john west tuna deal on? Going up the morra, hope is still on.

Have they still got their john west tuna deal on? Going up the morra, hope is still on.

he he, no idea to be honest, wor lass was nearly finished the shopping when i got there and she didn't buy any tuna.

Cheick Tiote has enlisted the help of his favourite witch doctor in a bizarre bid to regain full fitness for Newcastle.

As Sunday Mirror Sport revealed last month, Tiote is set to join ­Chelsea in a £25million deal – if the Blues can beat away a counter offer from Manchester United.

But the Toon want him fit as soon as possible after a knee injury.

So the Ivory Coast star was given permission by club owner Mike Ashley to fly back to his homeland to see the shaman.

The 25-year-old has fluid on his right knee which is causing pain and restricting his movement when twisting and turning. He has ­already missed vital Premier League games against Manchester United, ­Chelsea and leaders Manchester City.

The injury is taking too long to heal, in Tiote’s opinion. So with ­Ashley’s blessing he flew back to Yamoussoukro, capital of the Ivory Coast, for his bizarre treatment.

The shaman – wearing a leafy head-dress – performed a ritual ­involving mysterious chanting, singing and prayers so that Tiote’s injury curse would be broken.

He has not played for Toon since October 22, when his high-flying side beat Wigan 1-0.

Alan Pardew’s team were undefeated in the Premier League this season when the combative African was playing, highlighting just how important he is to the north-east club. Without him, Newcastle’s form has deteriorated markedly.

The African has looked a bargain since arriving from FC Twente for £3.5m in August 2010. His advisers have been in England ­trying to thrash out a deal which could take the midfielder to ­Stamford Bridge in the summer for around £25m.

United are expected to submit a bid to rival Chelsea’s. Both clubs had originally hoped to seal Tiote’s signature in the January transfer window but it is now likely to ­happen next summer.

With the Africa Cup of ­Nations due to start in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea in January, and running into February, Tiote has indicated he would ­prefer to stay at Newcastle this season.

If it's not true then it's racist.

As Sunday Mirror Sport revealed last month, Tiote is set to join ­Chelsea in a £25million deal – if the Blues can beat away a counter offer from Manchester United.

The African has looked a bargain since arriving from FC Twente for £3.5m in August 2010. His advisers have been in England ­trying to thrash out a deal which could take the midfielder to ­Stamford Bridge in the summer for around £25m.

United are expected to submit a bid to rival Chelsea’s. Both clubs had originally hoped to seal Tiote’s signature in the January transfer window but it is now likely to ­happen next summer.

:hmm:

Doesn't even mention who he currently plays for :lol:

Doesn't even mention who he currently plays for :lol:

It does, I trimmed those bits from the article above.

If Tiote is back for Swansea, it will be a welcome return/massive lift of pretty much epic proportions especially with our options at CM decreasing by the game......

Oh and that bit about him being "set to join Chelsea", absolute load of bollocks.