Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Times have him moving to Chelsea for £23m and, from memory, are normally pretty accurate with their Chelsea stories.

They say the same as the Mirror in that Chelsea want him in during Jan whereas he wants to see out the season here and move in the summer.

£20m profit in one and half seasons though.  :clap2:

Can't wait until the £60m get's reinvested. Fucking hell, we'll be Champions League bound.

Reckon we will hold out for over £30m, and for that price we have to say goodbye really. All the talk this time last year in the papers was Carroll for £20m, by the end it got to a price we couldn't turn down.

Plus it also releases 5 years of Tiotes contract which was paid for apparently by Carroll.

Carr & co will have his replacements earmarked already, who knows, they could be better ala Ba.

This is it - as we found out in the 1980's, keep on selling your best players and you are headed only in one direction and it's not up!

Of course, eventually you have to take a Spurs-esque stance (with Modric) but I don't ever see that happening under this owner.

The price tag before the team every single time.

It'll be awful,and a firm reminder that any perceived progress under Ashley is tainted.

Just like we thought when Carroll was sold.

And the evidence that the Carroll sale helped us to progress is what exactly? That he can't do it for Liverpool despite being great for us? Or that we've so far reinvested none of the transfer fee?

Remember in the past when Cheik's name was being linked with a move, on more than one occasion the local papers would get an interview with him saying he was very happy here. Ominously quiet this time.

With Chelsea rebuilding and their constant links with the player, it adds up for me.

And with Ashley knowing he can get the best price this time of year, reckon he'll be off sooner than later.

This is it - as we found out in the 1980's, keep on selling your best players and you are headed only in one direction and it's not up!

Of course, eventually you have to take a Spurs-esque stance (with Modric) but I don't ever see that happening under this owner.

I don't think spurs ever received that kind of offer that was in the bracket of Carroll for £35m for modric or bale. They'd have to have a £50m cash upfront offer on the table to be anywhere near that kind of madness, and if they did I think they'd accept.

Every player has his price, as cronaldo showed, were no different, it would just be nice to have absolute faith in the powers that be to invest the lot back in to the first team and keep rebuilding, that's the real issue here.

I don't think spurs ever received that kind of offer that was in the bracket of Carroll for £35m for modric or bale. They'd have to have a £50m cash upfront offer on the table to be anywhere near that kind of madness, and if they did I think they'd accept.

Every player has his price, as cronaldo showed, were no different, it would just be nice to have absolute faith in the powers that be to invest the lot back in to the first team and keep rebuilding, that's the real issue here.

Spurs recieved an offer of £40m representing a £23m profit. Still good money in anyones book.

They sold Carrick and Berba for big money but seem to have taken a stance with Modric with Redknapp quoted again today saying don't bother making any offers for him in Jan as he's not going anywhere. I believe him as he seems to have some degree of influence at Spurs.

Pardew will never have this ability at NUFC which is a shame. And that marks the difference between us and those sides above us and is why we'll never consistenly progress above mid table under Ashley - because he's not prepared to invest beyond the minimum nor reject offers for the good of the team.

Of course every player has his price, but every player doesn't have to be running around with a price tag on his back, effectively advertised for sale. That's where we are now imho - there's not an offer for any player that would go without response.

It really is rinse and repeat stuff under Ashley - buy a player cheap through either good scouting or good fortune (contract situations, break clauses etc) give them a season and then sell for a profit - great for the bank balance not so good if you wish to see sustainable improvement over the long term.

Reckon we will hold out for over £30m, and for that price we have to say goodbye really. All the talk this time last year in the papers was Carroll for £20m, by the end it got to a price we couldn't turn down.

Plus it also releases 5 years of Tiotes contract which was paid for apparently by Carroll.

Carr & co will have his replacements earmarked already, who knows, they could be better ala Ba.

Very optimistic.

Although, his price is going to be ridiculous considering the fact that his contract is up in 2017.