Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Wally_McFool

£20m profit in one and half seasons though.  :clap2:

Yeeaahh great innit.

We can all sit on the computer and look at a nice picture of Ashley's bank balance instead of watching a top player doing the business on the pitch for us

Can't wait until the £60m get's reinvested. Fucking hell, we'll be Champions League bound.

Tee hee. I hope your not serious because you're in for a massive disappointment if you are!

It'll be awful,and a firm reminder that any perceived progress under Ashley is tainted.

+1

This is it - as we found out in the 1980's, keep on selling your best players and you are headed only in one direction and it's not up!

+1 again .

After so  long any remaining decent players will decide not to stick around anymore because all of the best players keep getting sold.

Fatty is too dim to see this though.

I'm just going to enjoy players while we have them. It's just the nature of the beast.

If I had to choose between having shit players and keeping them forever and having good players and watching them leave all the time, I'd choose the latter.

Hell, we've had the former already fairly recently.

I don't think he's good enough yet to be starting for Chelsea.

Me too. As much as I love Cheik his passing is a bit wayward at times and he has a tendency to get caught dallying on the ball a bit too often to be a top, top level defensive midfielder... not too mention his habit of picking up daft cards.

But, for whatever reason the press seem to over-hype our better players (Carroll being the prime example). Which is a blessing in terms of the massively over inflated transfer fees we can demand off clubs that are obviously too lazy/dumb to see the flaws that divide a £10m player from a true £20m+ player... but I'd rather see them realistically valued and stay.

Cheik can boss any midfield. What we saw against Villa, Spurs and a couple of other games this season was the most industrious CM I've ever seen at Newcastle. He has become more dynamic and tackled Spurs off the pitch. In addition, his work load enhances Cabaye and gives him more freedom. The biggest shame - if he goes - would be that we wouldn't see the two of them in full flow.

Guest VaVaVoom

I love Tiote but if we get around 25mil for him then i'd snap their hands off.

Why? We won't use the money on new players anyway.

Maybe we will, Maybe we wont.

In what business can you turn down a profit of 20mil? Madness not too.

Its been shown that the money stays in the club in some form and not in FMA's pockets.

Dont get me wrong i too think we should be keepin our best players but we arent in a position where we can say no.

Im more worried about losing Krul to be honest.

I don't know about you, but I like going to the match to cheer on good players, rather than celebrate the year's profitability.

Guest VaVaVoom

I don't know about you, but I like going to the match to cheer on good players, rather than celebrate the year's profitability.

Nah mate i agree.

Of course i want to see the best at our club all im saying is in no other business would a profit like that be turned down.

We arent big enough nor strong enough to say no...that is the worry, but if it does happen then i accept it. Move on.

25mil is the least i'd be happy with though.

Nah mate i agree.

Of course i want to see the best at our club all im saying is in no other business would a profit like that be turned down.

We arent big enough nor strong enough to say no...that is the worry, but if it does happen then i accept it. Move on.

25mil is the least i'd be happy with though.

Sorry this is nothing to do with being 'big enough or strong enough' it's a point of stategy and ours is very clear when it comes to selling profitable players.

The fact that we're doing so well this season won't help us keep him either.  FMA knows he has to at least keep the club in the premier league to make any money out of it and with our points haul already he's likely to think we'll easily do enough to survive without Tiote for the rest of the season.

Would be gutted but for £30m you can understand. Dont think he's quite good enough for Chelsea, but hopefully Carr has a Sissoko/M'Vila lined up. If true, its dreadful news but hardly a surprise. Anyone expecting anything good to happen at this club is in denial.

We really should have gone all out for Blaise Matuidi in the summer as a ready made replacement as this was always going to happen.

However, i have faith in Carr to find us another Cheik.

FWIW, i don't think Tiote lends to the way AVB has his teams playing and i reckon he'll be a flop.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't think he's good enough yet to be starting for Chelsea.

I think in his absence we've forgotten just how good Tiote can be. Marvellous player.

Guest VaVaVoom

M'Vila would be an awesome replacement! Him and Cabaye in the middle? Niiiice.

Costly though and we would NEED to offer european football.