Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

We don't need him we got Smith!

Honestly though..hope he gets a run on Wednsday.

Yeah, what a way to welcome him to English football. Poor bloke, joins a premier league team and gets driven to Accrington for his first game. He'd be trawling through the contract for a release loop hole withing seconds of seeing the place.

I think we're going a bit OTT with this signing. Chances are he's fairly average, not that average isn't a massive improvement on Smith..

Seen him play much have you?

Not really, When did I imply otherwise?

Just curious how else you've come to the conclusion that "chances are he's fairly average"..?

I was hoping that maybe Hughton said something about the player. Why he signed him. What his strengths are. How he sees him fitting in.

The transfer has been confirmed by the club at half time so I assumed a reporter who wasn't a muppet might have asked about it.

I was hoping that maybe Hughton said something about the player. Why he signed him. What his strengths are. How he sees him fitting in.

The transfer has been confirmed by the club at half time so I assumed a reporter who wasn't a muppet might have asked about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8935006.stm

Magpies boss Chris Hughton told ESPN: "It's given us a lift. He's a defensive midfielder and is a good signing."

Tiote was part of the Twente side which won the Dutch title last season and played in all three of his country's games at the World Cup.

Hughton added that the acquisition was a crucial one with Alan Smith the squad's only defensive midfielder.

"We feel it's such an important area in this division," the manager said after the team's 6-0 demolition of Aston Villa. "Hopefully there will be one or two more signings before the window closes."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fingers crossed we get a work permit. Is it likely?

International.

Played in Europe already.

I'll have a word with the GF's Dad to put a good word in at the Home Office!  O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bloke just been on talksport, some agent I think, saying he was good mates with maclaren and he reckons we've signed an absoloute gem.

Promising

Guest James Godden

8 caps.....bound to get knocked back, cue "knew it, all a ploy to make it seem like they were trying to buy someone"

I hope so but my confidence in signing anyone has been well and truely raped by the Ben Arfa saga.

:lol: