Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Paxton

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

How good was Tiote at 22?

Like I said, give it time.

Guest Paxton

That Messi is alright, but I think Connor Wickham would be better suited to Barca's style.

Well worth the 8 million pounds in my opinion. 18 years of age and is only going to get better. In the very few times he's played this season, he's looked comfortable and very composed on the ball for such as young lad.

Aye and tbf it's nigh on impossible to find a ready made goalscorer for around £8m these days. :bluestar:

Never heard the saying 'One for the future'?

Future, past (9-1 FTM LOL!!!111) isn't it time you lot lived for now?

Yes, my club is in the best position it's been since the 1950's. Strong squad, financial backing, well known sponsors, world class manager and slowly gaining a reputation internationally.

I firmly believe that Sunderland is living the life right now, it's known as "Niall Quinn's magic carpet ride"

Ok definitely taking the p*ss :lol:

I thought the mags were supposed to be doing this on RTG?

We've had a s**** 50 years, apart from the 73' cup win. Mainly relegation promotion relegation promotion. (And Division 3)  :embarrassed:

This is the best position we've been in for a long time, wouldn't you agree?

Is this any better than the promising spell under Reid? If so, why? Genuine questions.

We didn't have a owner with strong financial backing under Reid. We should have pushed on from there, but we didn't because Murray fucked around with transfer fees ect.

That Messi is alright, but I think Connor Wickham would be better suited to Barca's style.

Well worth the 8 million pounds in my opinion. 18 years of age and is only going to get better. In the very few times he's played this season, he's looked comfortable and very composed on the ball for such as young lad.

Aye and tbf it's nigh on impossible to find a ready made goalscorer for around £8m these days. :bluestar:

Yes, my club is in the best position it's been since the 1950's. Strong squad, financial backing, well known sponsors, world class manager and slowly gaining a reputation internationally.

I firmly believe that Sunderland is living the life right now, it's known as "Niall Quinn's magic carpet ride"

Ok definitely taking the p*ss :lol:

I thought the mags were supposed to be doing this on RTG?

We've had a s**** 50 years, apart from the 73' cup win. Mainly relegation promotion relegation promotion. (And Division 3)  :embarrassed:

This is the best position we've been in for a long time, wouldn't you agree?

i'd agree it's the best position you've been in for a while, i wouldn't say overall it's a good position though.

Guest Paxton

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

Don't rule out Liverpool. They like to pay ridiculous fees for s*** players.

Carroll?

Henderson isn't shit. Average footballer yet to reach his peak who moved to one of the big clubs way too early. Treated unfairly by Liverpool fans at times.

Really hope we can tempt Sessegnon to Tyneside over the summer with the lure of European football.

Wouldn't displace anyone in the side of course, but he'd be a reasonable understudy to James Perch.

Guest Paxton

Fair play, that made me laugh. :lol:

Adidas Kit sponsor, and also our club record deal with that Ghana Oil Company 'Tullow' as part our of "Invest in Africa" campaign aren't big sponsors. It shall improve our image and reputation internationally.

There's a reason O'Neill was wanted by Manchester United at one point.

Fair play, that made me laugh. :lol:

Adidas Kit sponsor, and also our club record deal with that Ghana Oil Company 'Tullow' as part our of "Invest in Africa" campaign aren't big sponsors. It shall improve our image and reputation internationally.

was he ? if only.

Guest Paxton

If i paid 20m for a player i would expect fairly instant success, i know he is young but to spend 20m for a player you would expect a lot more from his first season

What are your views on the Carroll transfer?

And also I am just as happy as any mackem that Dogleish paid us that fee for Henderson.

Really hope we can tempt Sessegnon to Tyneside over the summer with the lure of European football.

Wouldn't displace anyone in the side of course, but he'd be a reasonable understudy to James Perch.

All joking aside he wouldn't get in our first 11 and he is their best player :lol:

Guest pont-toon

Outed and rattled to fuck eh !!

Come on, get it over and done with......

- hope you do qualify for Europe cos your squad cant cope and it will be your down fall next season

- if you qualify for europe youll just embarrass yourself on tv like you did before

- cisse doing so well will be your downfall cos Ba isnt happy and will be off in the summer

- cisse was a waste of 10 million cos you already had Ba anyway to bang in the goals

- youve had 2 seasons luck this campaign so by the law of averages youll get relegated next season

- this season doesnt matter anyway cos Oneil only took charge half way through

etc etc

dont fight it man - just let the meltdown take you.......

If you are gaining a reputation internationally, it will be for being near Newcastle.

If i paid 20m for a player i would expect fairly instant success, i know he is young but to spend 20m for a player you would expect a lot more from his first season

And also I am just as happy as any mackem that Dogleish paid us that fee for Henderson.

Carrol scored a lot of goals for us, and 35m is probably the asking price for a striker that was scoring as many as he was at the time. Henderson never did anything to justify anything near to a 20m transfer

Carrol scored a lot of goals for us, and 35m is probably the asking price for a striker that was scoring as many as he was at the time. Henderson never did anything to justify anything near to a 20m transfer

serious ?

Guest MrSundlofer

I would also pick Jack Colback over Tiote.

At 22 he is already a solid Premiership midfielder. By 25 he shall be a regular starter in the England squad.

This just proves how stupid some people really are :lol:

serious ?

Well if torres went for 50m, does that not set the benchmark

serious ?

no, it means they were both massivly overpriced. at least torres had a good record of years of doing it at the top level scoring all types of goal, carroll had half a season being a battering ram.

Guest bimpy474

serious ?

The price was to do with Liverpool telling Chelsea they wanted £15m profit from selling Torres, so whatever price was agreed for Carroll, Torres would cost 15m more.

Our bargaining position was that of a man holding 4 aces in a poker game, such was the desperation of Chelsea to buy Torres.

Guest Paxton

Outed and rattled to f*** eh !!

Come on, get it over and done with......

- hope you do qualify for Europe cos your squad cant cope and it will be your down fall next season

- if you qualify for europe youll just embarrass yourself on tv like you did before

- cisse doing so well will be your downfall cos Ba isnt happy and will be off in the summer

- cisse was a waste of 10 million cos you already had Ba anyway to bang in the goals

- youve had 2 seasons luck this campaign so by the law of averages youll get relegated next season

- this season doesnt matter anyway cos Oneil only took charge half way through

etc etc

dont fight it man - just let the meltdown take you.......

I think you have a capable squad for Europe. Injuries have hit you hard but players such as Williamson and Perch have came in and done a fantastic job, and so you haven't lost your place. Pretty comfortable squad players to have that would get in Wigans starting 11.

Don't think you'll win it because the Premier League shall obviously be your main foucs but just to be in the Europa competition is an achievement for any club, any Sunderland fan, including myself would love some European nights at the SOL. And it shall also improve your image internationally too.

I think Ba is a fantastic player and so no doubt bigger clubs shall be in for him, but he won't be a loss because as I mentioned earlier you have found a just as good, if not better player in Cisse.

Cisse was a bargain (Maybe judging too early?) for the price that you paid, considering Gyan cost us 13 mill.

Not luck, but I think Pardew has done an excellent job. To turn a championship side into a team fighting for 6th place, on a limited budget in under 2 years is amazing stuff, your scouting team haven't done bad anarl. Top 4 is not far off if you get the right investment in the summer and keep Ba.

Next season I think they're shall be much more competition between the two sides. And I'm not sure how it'll pan out. But you cannot doubt O'Neill has came in and done a fantastic job with the same team as Bruce had. (Relegation candidates)

Not a meltdown at all, all I did was give my opinion, and that was that I don't rate Cheik Tiote over my Captain. Jesus I have heard much worse statements from some of the mag poster on RTG, that just go under the radar.

Like I said, I'm a level headed poster.

Guest Paxton

Sorry but that is bollocks.

He was worth maybe 12 million, not 35.