Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote: I don't need to leave Toon to win trophies

Published 22:30 24/04/12 By Simon Bird  Recommend

Cheick Tiote says Newcastle's surge up the Premier League means he can achieve his ambitions without quitting Tyneside.

The Ivory Coast star is said to be a target for Chelsea in the summer, and other top European clubs are tracking his progress.

The £18million-rated midfielder is on a long-term contract, but Newcastle's policy of selling players on for big profits means he will be vulnerable to big-money offers in the summer.

But Tiote is happy in the North-East, and said: "I know I can achieve what I want to here.

"I don't know about the speculation. I have four games to play, I think I have to focus on the games because they are important games for the club and for everybody.

"I think that is the most important thing now, we have to do everything we can to win those games. After the season, we will see."

Tiote says striker Papiss Cisse, who has netted in the last six games after arriving from German football in January, has boosted the club's challenge.

He added: "For him, it is natural to score goals. It feels normal. As a striker, it is important to score those goals. If you don't, you start to worry, but he scores every game. It is good for the team, too.

"It is unbelievable that Demba Ba has not scored recently. He played so well on Saturday and has been playing well. But if he keeps playing that he will score and he will score goals all the time."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/premier-league/Newcastle-Cheick-Tiote-linked-with-Chelsea-but-is-sure-can-achieve-ambitions-without-leaving-Magpies-article895008.html

Guest neesy111

He does have a song and it was being sung yesterday.

What is it ? I didn't hear it

Tio, Tio, Tiote, Tiote, Tiote, Tio, Tio, Tiote etc tune of I am the Music Man.

Must not be catching on

:lol:

Or your ears are going, I could hear it coming from the corner from my East Stand seat.

Wasn't heard at the back of the gallowgate.

Cheick Tiote says Newcastle's surge up the Premier League means he can achieve his ambitions without quitting Tyneside.

The Ivory Coast star is said to be a target for Chelsea in the summer, and other top European clubs are tracking his progress.

The £18million-rated midfielder is on a long-term contract, but Newcastle's policy of selling players on for big profits means he will be vulnerable to big-money offers in the summer.

But Tiote is happy in the North-East, and said: "I know I can achieve what I want to here.

"I don't know about the speculation. I have four games to play, I think I have to focus on the games because they are important games for the club and for everybody.

"I think that is the most important thing now, we have to do everything we can to win those games. After the season, we will see."

Tiote says striker Papiss Cisse, who has netted in the last six games after arriving from German football in January, has boosted the club's challenge.

He added: "For him, it is natural to score goals. It feels normal. As a striker, it is important to score those goals. If you don't, you start to worry, but he scores every game. It is good for the team, too.

"It is unbelievable that Demba Ba has not scored recently. He played so well on Saturday and has been playing well. But if he keeps playing that he will score and he will score goals all the time."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/premier-league/Newcastle-Cheick-Tiote-linked-with-Chelsea-but-is-sure-can-achieve-ambitions-without-leaving-Magpies-article895008.html

newcastles ? doesn't he mean everyones ?

newcastles ? doesn't he mean everyones ?

That policy that's been used once?

Any player who signed for us in last few years would need a very, very good reason to leave now.

If they're only interested in money then fair enough, but apart from that there can't be many better clubs to play for when we're on the up.

Any player who signed for us in last few years would need a very, very good reason to leave now.

If they're only interested in money then fair enough, but apart from that there can't be many better clubs to play for when we're on the up.

Erm, you're forgetting the small matter of Sunderland AFC.

Erm, you're forgetting the small matter of Sunderland AFC.

Oh aye, sorry, an attractive proposition for any player, to be sure.

Cheik Tiote is positive despite defeat at Wigan

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleApr 30 2012Add a comment Recommend

CHEICK TIOTE has urged Newcastle United players to "keep their heads up" ahead of the mammoth battle with Chelsea this week.

The Ivory Coast midfielder – linked with a move to Stamford Bridge in the last six months – wants the Toon Army to forget about Wigan.

But he is hoping Newcastle can wipe out memories of the DW Stadium by fending off the Blues.

Tiote told the Chronicle: “We are disappointed by the result and the game. We must keep our heads up.

“It’s all about Wednesday now. What happened at Wigan is over, we lost the game and we have to look forward.”

Tiote was philosophical after the defeat against the Latics.

Yet after six wins on the trot and five clean sheets out of six previously to Wigan, Tiote tried to keep things in context.

The former FC Twente man said: “We can’t win every game. We’ve lost a game and by a big score, but that’s football sometimes. We must stay focused.”

Newcastle struggled to cope with Wigan’s 3-4-3 formation and, like Manchester United and Arsenal, were bamboozled by the fluid and effective system.

Tiote said: “The second half was much better. In the first half it was like we didn’t know how to defend.

“It was like they were playing five in midfield because of their formation. We know we can play better and we did in the second half.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/30/cheik-tiote-is-positive-despite-defeat-at-wigan-72703-30866836/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1tVylpymO

Guest BooBoo

The last few games are where we are really gonna need this guy to step up. I'm talking along the lines of his performances last season at Goodison and the Emirates. He's not hit those heights this season for me, but when he plays well we more often than not, win games.

The last few games are where we are really gonna need this guy to step up. I'm talking along the lines of his performances last season at Goodison and the Emirates. He's not hit those heights this season for me, but when he plays well we more often than not, win games.

If he performs anything like he did against Man U in the 3-0 i'll be happy.