Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

How good was Tiote at 22?

Like I said, give it time.

Outed and rattled to f*** eh !!

Come on, get it over and done with......

- hope you do qualify for Europe cos your squad cant cope and it will be your down fall next season

- if you qualify for europe youll just embarrass yourself on tv like you did before

- cisse doing so well will be your downfall cos Ba isnt happy and will be off in the summer

- cisse was a waste of 10 million cos you already had Ba anyway to bang in the goals

- youve had 2 seasons luck this campaign so by the law of averages youll get relegated next season

- this season doesnt matter anyway cos Oneil only took charge half way through

etc etc

dont fight it man - just let the meltdown take you.......

I think you have a capable squad for Europe. Injuries have hit you hard but players such as Williamson and Perch have came in and done a fantastic job, and so you haven't lost your place. Pretty comfortable squad players to have that would get in Wigans starting 11.

Don't think you'll win it because the Premier League shall obviously be your main foucs but just to be in the Europa competition is an achievement for any club, any Sunderland fan, including myself would love some European nights at the SOL. And it shall also improve your image internationally too.

I think Ba is a fantastic player and so no doubt bigger clubs shall be in for him, but he won't be a loss because as I mentioned earlier you have found a just as good, if not better player in Cisse.

Cisse was a bargain (Maybe judging too early?) for the price that you paid, considering Gyan cost us 13 mill.

Not luck, but I think Pardew has done an excellent job. To turn a championship side into a team fighting for 6th place, on a limited budget in under 2 years is amazing stuff, your scouting team haven't done bad anarl. Top 4 is not far off if you get the right investment in the summer and keep Ba.

Next season I think they're shall be much more competition between the two sides. And I'm not sure how it'll pan out. But you cannot doubt O'Neill has came in and done a fantastic job with the same team as Bruce had. (Relegation candidates)

Not a meltdown at all, all I did was give my opinion, and that was that I don't rate Cheik Tiote over my Captain. Jesus I have heard much worse statements from some of the mag poster on RTG, that just go under the radar.

Like I said, I'm a level headed poster.

hope you are, i tried it on RTG and now i really just look out of a sense of schedenfreude. oh, i think you are massivly wrong re cattermole and tiote. i also think most premier managers would agree with me.

If i paid 20m for a player i would expect fairly instant success, i know he is young but to spend 20m for a player you would expect a lot more from his first season

What are your views on the Carroll transfer?

And also I am just as happy as any mackem that Dogleish paid us that fee for Henderson.

Carrol scored a lot of goals for us, and 35m is probably the asking price for a striker that was scoring as many as he was at the time. Henderson never did anything to justify anything near to a 20m transfer

Sorry but that is bollocks.

He was worth maybe 12 million, not 35.

worth 12 with a potential of 22-25. 35 was mental.

I totally agree about carrol being worth much less than 35m btw, i was just trying to point out that you normally have to pay more than what a player is worth to get a club to accept the bid, especially in the case of a goalscorer. Fuck kno's how we got cisse for 8m though :lol:

Guest Paxton

Colback looks like a good, young prospect, tbf - but to compare him to Tiote is absurd. Yet probably less absurd than comparing Cattermole who has no discernible footballing talent beyond leaving a foot in and being a dickhead.

Quite....hence the likes of Chelsea being linked with bidding around 20 to 25 million for Tiote. Cant quite see the same for Cattermole and Colback......

How good was Tiote at 22?

Like I said, give it time.

Outed and rattled to f*** eh !!

Come on, get it over and done with......

- hope you do qualify for Europe cos your squad cant cope and it will be your down fall next season

- if you qualify for europe youll just embarrass yourself on tv like you did before

- cisse doing so well will be your downfall cos Ba isnt happy and will be off in the summer

- cisse was a waste of 10 million cos you already had Ba anyway to bang in the goals

- youve had 2 seasons luck this campaign so by the law of averages youll get relegated next season

- this season doesnt matter anyway cos Oneil only took charge half way through

etc etc

dont fight it man - just let the meltdown take you.......

I think you have a capable squad for Europe. Injuries have hit you hard but players such as Williamson and Perch have came in and done a fantastic job, and so you haven't lost your place. Pretty comfortable squad players to have that would get in Wigans starting 11.

Don't think you'll win it because the Premier League shall obviously be your main foucs but just to be in the Europa competition is an achievement for any club, any Sunderland fan, including myself would love some European nights at the SOL. And it shall also improve your image internationally too.

I think Ba is a fantastic player and so no doubt bigger clubs shall be in for him, but he won't be a loss because as I mentioned earlier you have found a just as good, if not better player in Cisse.

Cisse was a bargain (Maybe judging too early?) for the price that you paid, considering Gyan cost us 13 mill.

Not luck, but I think Pardew has done an excellent job. To turn a championship side into a team fighting for 6th place, on a limited budget in under 2 years is amazing stuff, your scouting team haven't done bad anarl. Top 4 is not far off if you get the right investment in the summer and keep Ba.

Next season I think they're shall be much more competition between the two sides. And I'm not sure how it'll pan out. But you cannot doubt O'Neill has came in and done a fantastic job with the same team as Bruce had. (Relegation candidates)

Not a meltdown at all, all I did was give my opinion, and that was that I don't rate Cheik Tiote over my Captain. Jesus I have heard much worse statements from some of the mag poster on RTG, that just go under the radar.

Like I said, I'm a level headed poster.

hope you are, i tried it on RTG and now i really just look out of a sense of schedenfreude. oh, i think you are massivly wrong re cattermole and tiote. i also think most premier managers would agree with me.

I agree, RTG is crazy at times. Some right delusional (unts on there.

If I had to sum it up in a picture it would be this:

http://www.dadanoias.net/wp-content/uploads/tumblr_m0ec4itAyD1qm6sfao1_500.gif

Here it is for the lazy:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/20/cheick-tiote-my-future-is-with-newcastle-united-72703-30799335/

CHEICK TIOTE is still dreaming of the Champions League next season – but hopes he can fulfil that ambition in a Newcastle United shirt.

Tiote – who is back for the game with Stoke City tomorrow after hamstring trouble – has been linked with a summer move to Chelsea, while Manchester City are also long-term admirers of the midfield warrior.

City’s transfer chief Brian Marwood has been a regular at St James’ Park this term.

But Tiote is back and raring to go against the Potters.

And shrugging off the latest round of talk he will quit Newcastle this summer for a move to Chelsea, he told the Chronicle: “I’m a Newcastle player – my future is at Newcastle.

“I’m playing for Newcastle, and I have to finish this season strongly and help the team get into Europe.

“If we do that, it will be good for the club and the fans.

“We’re in a great position now.”

United go into the final five matches of the season knowing that they can move into the top four for a couple of hours at least if they get a positive result against the Potters.

The Magpies are in their best form for six years and can equal a six-game winning streak from 1995/96 if they succeed against Tony Pulis and Co.

Tiote added: “We need to finish like this. We have a good opportunity to play in the Champions League – everyone knows we have a possibility to go to Europe.”

Tiote is aware that Tottenham and Arsenal have both had their recent worries.

But he feels it is a case of more of the same for the Magpies.

He said: “We need to stay focused and play as a team.

“If we do that, we can finish in the top four.

“This is a team. If you don’t play as a team, it’s difficult to achieve anything.

“We need to play as a team and stay compact.

“If we do that, we can achieve something this season.”