Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Yes he'd said he liked Newcastle as it was a lot more chilled out than other cities.  I honestly don't think he 'wants' to move, but if the club accept a wopping bid for him what is he going to do?

Depends how good his advisor is/how much cash they'll offer him. He's on a fair whack here now and I can't see him being a regular first teamer at either Chelsea or City.

Yes he'd said he liked Newcastle as it was a lot more chilled out than other cities.  I honestly don't think he 'wants' to move, but if the club accept a wopping bid for him what is he going to do?

Depends how good his advisor is/how much cash they'll offer him. He's on a fair whack here now and I can't see him being a regular first teamer at either Chelsea or City.

Aye pointless worrying about it anyway, it's nice of him to come out and say he doesn't want to move though, so perhaps that's a bit of a message to the board in itself i.e. "don't accept any offer".

Never understood the 'if the club accept an offer what can he do?' Thing. The player could just stay? The manager isnt just going to drop a star player because they didn't want to leave is he? The board aren't going to lower the players value by insisting they are left out either.

i think the clubs plan is to cash in on Cheik for big money(over £20m)

The cost of replacement probably isn't more than that, and with the success of previous recent gambles, I wouldn't be surprised. Whether their hot streak will continue, I don't know. Hope he stays though.

Seems like he's lost the ability to pass

He's not keeping it simple as much, he used to always make short and accurate passes. Think he's better when as a whole we are up against it, today he's pretty much a passenger as Stoke are so shit.

Absolutely bossed the middle of the park today. Won everything in the first. Shame the Beggar got to his shot.

Yea was excellent, although a fair few passes went astray today. At least he is trying to drive us forward though. The fact that his season has been so stop start hasn't helped him IMO - hopefully he can finish the season strongly.