Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I thought his forward movement and passing was fantastic today, He gets the ball moving quicker than most in the middle. Only thing that lets him down is that he is like a cannon when he sprays the ball to the wings, Our players have fantastic first touches to deal with the pace on them ha.

Those two shots in the second half :lol:

He's learned to not put it over the roof with his right foot!

Superb save to get to his first effort, would have been better than the Arsenal goal, not as meaningful but a better goal.

It's interesting when he's out of the team for a couple games and then comes back how you realize how much he's missed. He does his thing quietly and efficiently game after game. His calmness under pressure when winning / taking the ball in dangerous areas is invaluable.

Guest Tyson

Vital component in a 433, a system which is very player specific & difficult to piece together successfully. His physical presence, play-reading & capacity cover space allows the front 3 to express itself in attack. From an overall team perspective Tiote's strengths are just as important as HBA's ability to disrupt an opposition rearguard's shape (drawing defenders out of position) and the combined movement of Cisse and Ba. Throw a proper ball-playing RB (as  a support outlet for HBA ) all three strengths become much more relevant . Under defensive pressure the unleashing a more balanced RB (than Simpson) into the mix adds an additional release valve/outlet (notably for HBA).

It's difficult to fathom that many other cheap discoveries would immediately be able to slot into, and make a  comparable impact in a player specific system. Carr's recent track record will tested to the max if Ashley cashes in his chips. Tiotes and Vieras (although a more rounded than the former) don't grow on trees.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We look much better with him and his physicality, intelligence and ability to collect the ball off the centre back's feet.

So fucking good!

Obviously happy that he was back. But was more like "meh" because we has been playing so good lately. But my god how good he is and how much he brings to the table :yikes:

A beast. A real beast that also can handle a ball really good.

He's a beast wor Tiote. When he's playing, he's driving us forward and can make opposition attackers shit themselves over having to deal with his ferocious style of play. He's got an inner desire that the top players have in that he gives his all. There are times when he'll turn and play a quick ball to switch play, or sometimes will try some brilliant long balls (and some bad!) but his passing is excellent at times.  A player I wish and hope will stay with us forever.

He does have a song and it was being sung yesterday.

What is it ? I didn't hear it

Tio, Tio, Tiote, Tiote, Tiote, Tio, Tio, Tiote etc tune of I am the Music Man.

Must not be catching on

:lol:

Must not be catching on

Or your ears are going, I could hear it coming from the corner from my East Stand seat.

Must not be catching on

Or your ears are going, I could hear it coming from the corner from my East Stand seat.

I do have an earpiece in for the radio :D but I have it quiet.. I shall listen out for it but the East Stand must not have joined in.