Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Wanting to sell Tiote is senseless, we are a better side with him in it, so he gets booked a lot and sent off a few times, he does the job in midfield no fker else wants to do AND I have faith Pards CAN get him to control his aggression a bit more.

Since joining Newcastle in 2010/11 no player has been awarded more cards than Cheick Tiote - 27 yellow and one red - in the Premier League. Second on the list is Lee Cattermole - 18 yellow and 3 red.

I love Tiote and i think he's a brilliant footballer. And whilst it wasn't a red card today ("steaming in and clattered him" someone said in this thread earlier :lol: - "nicked him on the shin a bit late whilst being fouled" is a closer description), Pardew does need to get to work on his aggression. He's too reckless, it's as simple as that. It's infuriating to see because he doesn't need to be like that and he acts like a thug on too many occasions.

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a fucking shit ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey cunts still couldn't win the game.

How is it a red "by the letter of the law"? Raised his hands? ???

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

What? :lol:

He got sent off for a late tackle on Fletcher. What were you watching?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Like the commentary said if fletcher's leg was plated to to ground that would have been him out for the season. Dirty tackle.

Got to wonder why the media and even our manager are so convinced it was a clear red card mind.

For me it's a clear yellow but it's Larsson's I have a problem with more. If he walks (like he should have last year), we stay with 11 and stroll to victory. He went in with the full intention of taking Shola's head off his shoulders.

Like the commentary said if fletcher's leg was plated to to ground that would have been him out for the season. Dirty tackle.

If his leg had been planted to the ground Tiote would have won the ball and missed Fletcher by a mile, it was Fletchers follow through that caused the contact.

Got to wonder why the media and even our manager are so convinced it was a clear red card mind.

It's Larsson's I have a problem with more. If he walks (like he should have last year), we stay with 11 and stroll to victory. He went in with the full intention of taking Shola's head off his shoulders.

Aye, if you're kicking a 6ft 3in bloke in the chest it's probably dangerous. :lol:

I think it looked more dangerous than it actually was, and was probably somewhere between a yellow and a red. If it had happened against us, and the opposing player been awarded a yellow i don't think i'd have been too upset.

All this talk from Quinn etc about it being a potential leg breaker is total bollocks, it was nothing of the sort.

I think it looked more dangerous than it actually was, and was probably somewhere between a yellow and a red. If it had happened against us, and the opposing player been awarded a yellow i don't think i'd have been too upset.

All this talk from Quinn etc about it being a potential leg breaker is total bollocks, it was nothing of the sort.

:thup:

As I've said a few times, in real time it looks much worse. The fact he was being fouled doesn't help either, makes it look like he deliberately smashed Fletcher out of frustration when I think he was just rash and late.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously, are we a worse side when Perch plays instead of Tiote? After today, the shirt is Perch's for the next three games at least and if he performs like today, should keep it.

Depends...

If you are wanting to defend a lead late on or are down to 10 men and need to bolster midfield Perch is your man.

But if you actually want to win games and dominate midfield? Tiote is your man.

People seem to think Tiote is a defensive midfielder or an enforcer, when in reality he is not. He's actually our playmaker in many ways in that when he plays he drives us forward especially through midfield. He carries the ball so well and has stamina and strength to control that area of the pitch. He is also a tough tackling player who the opposition just don't like playing against so he's a very very effective player at either end of for us.

As reckless as he can be and as disappointed as we all are with him today for getting sent off regardless of whether it was a red or not, lets not go overboard here and start thinking we are better off without Tiote because we are not. He is to our midfield what Colo is to our defence or Ben Arfa to our attack, i.e. pretty much indispensable.

If you think we are better off with Perch in there over Tiote you've lost it.

I need to watch if again but when I saw it I thought yellow at most. Larsson kicked Ameobi in the chest, but that went unpunished. Seemed to me like his reputation went before him. I'll decide when I see it on MotD later but on first viewing it seemed like a tackle which happens 20 times a game.

Saw it 20+ times on replay. Yellow at most. No intent.

To be fair, sky showed the ref's view and in real time it looks worse, especially as Fletcher fakes death.

Lino is to blame - did nothing or said nothing and he had the perfect view.

Not defending the ref, he was totally inconsistent, towards us anyway.

Perch is great at breaking up play, we'll miss Tiote because he does so much more than that. However the Tiote of the last few games we'll not miss one bit, he's been nothing but anger and fouls all over the pitch,

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a fucking shit ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey cunts still couldn't win the game.

How is it a red "by the letter of the law"? Raised his hands? ???

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

What? :lol:

He got sent off for a late tackle on Fletcher. What were you watching?

It speaks volumes for the alleged recklessness of the actual 'tackle' (i.e. the bit he did with his foot) because I thought the red card at the time was because he led into the tackle with his hands up and struck the guy in the face.