Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Those claiming its a red need to have a word with themselves. Reputation card 100%. Had Demba Ba done the exact same thing it would have been a yellow. Had Jonas done that, it would have been a yellow. I've played football and watched it my whole life and that was clearly not a red card man. Every single time I've seen the replay it looks less and less one.

I'm still really undecided about the red card tbh. It looked rather bad in real time but the replays did show that it was in no way malicious. To be brutally honest, it was a 50-50 call for the cunt ref and one which unfortunately didn't go our way.

Cheik needs to tone it down a bit mind - it's not the first time he's had a rush of blood to the head and went in hard on a player and fouled them in the process. It's probably down to the nature of the beast but a little coaching will do him some good.

Was never a red card. Larssons on Shola was fifty times worse and it was only Fletchers momentum that made it look bad anyway.

Atkinson sent off Tiote for his reputation alone in my opinion and had any other player on the pitch made that challenge i doubt even a yellow card would have been shown.

Thick player is thick.

Regardless of whether you think the ref was right/wrong he shouldn't be making the decision in the first place as there was no need to go in like that to give him the decision.

Right, I'm a bit behind. Not reading through 5 pages tbh. As far as I'm concerned, while yes there's a case to be made with studs up etc bla bla fucking bla, that sending off is a joke. Unless they want to go out and retrospectively punish every other challenge that shows studs that probably occured this weekend, then they can fuck off to hell.

It's (granted, a more serious version of) the Williamson shirt pulling. By the letter of the law, yes, it's a correct decision. But considering it's not that harshly punished 99% of the time is a joke. Either punish it or fucking don't.

Not forgetting that he granted us the free kick because of the foul on him! Surely that's going to make him lose control of his follow up? He would've had that ball cleared with time to spare if he'd not been dragged back.

Thick player is thick.

Regardless of whether you think the ref was right/wrong he shouldn't be making the decision in the first place as there was no need to go in like that to give him the decision.

Nah. Tiote is quite often thick, but that decision was disgusting. It was a standard follow through. Would have been disappointed with a yellow. So shit.

Right, I'm a bit behind. Not reading through 5 pages tbh. As far as I'm concerned, while yes there's a case to be made with studs up etc bla bla f***ing bla, that sending off is a joke. Unless they want to go out and retrospectively punish every other challenge that shows studs that probably occured this weekend, then they can f*** off to hell.

It's (granted, a more serious version of) the Williamson shirt pulling. By the letter of the law, yes, it's a correct decision. But considering it's not that harshly punished 99% of the time is a joke. Either punish it or f***ing don't.

Not forgetting that he granted us the free kick because of the foul on him! Surely that's going to make him lose control of his follow up? He would've had that ball cleared with time to spare if he'd not been dragged back.

It's this bit where the ref clearly shows a complete inability to understand football, coupled with the late whistle and the fact it was one move from getting fouled to challenging for the 50/50 with Fletcher. It may not have been very smart by Tiote, but I just don't believe he went into that challenge with any malicious intent. This is just how he plays; he gives 100% all the time, in every challenge, and I love him for it.

Thick player is thick.

Yep. He's a fucking fool who's been begging for a red for a long time now. Only a matter of time before it happened, though I thought he'd know better than to pull that shit today.

We can debate how bad a challenge it was all day; surely the point is that the whistle had been blown, he must have heard it and still put the foot in. He may have thought he'd get a talking to or a yellow as Atkinson had let a few things go (Larrson) up to that point, it was a needless, stupid, challenge. He gave the ref a decision to make and there was no need to do it.

Still mad at this. Was yellow at most. Pathetic refereeing. And those clueless wankers in sky's studio.. Can't wait for motd to tell us how it was a clear red too. Such fouls happen every 3 minutes in the Premier league. Sometimes players get booked. Was the ref so harsh because he'd stopped play? Half a second before the tackle?

Either way, the refereeing was awful throughout. Honestly, I'm never angry at referees but that f***ing clown Atkinson acts like he has a grudge against us.. can't believe he didn't give them a penalty at some point.

Thick player is thick.

Nah. Tiote is quite often thick, but that decision was disgusting. It was a standard follow through. Would have been disappointed with a yellow. So s***.

:thup:

watched it back on sky about 4 times and i'm not having it like, no one can convince me that was a straight red