Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest bimpy474

Have we decided Tiote is just cack and it's not the Pardew effect in full flow.

As far as I know Pardew's only been his manager since late 2010.

Tbf i thought Tiote was quite good under Hughton. Still a bit brainless but not as bad as he is now.

Guest bimpy474

After Nicky Butt and Alan Smith I think anything with a pulse would've looked impressive to us, tbh.

That is very true. Better than what you're used to.

He was very good, or at least appeared to be. Unfortunately his attacking weaknesses were totally exposed in games we were expected to win and his defensive liabilities became common knowledge to opposing managers.

He was very good, or at least appeared to be. Unfortunately his attacking weaknesses were totally exposed in games we were expected to win and his defensive liabilities became common knowledge to opposing managers.

His attacking weaknesses shouldn't be that big a deal when he's a holding midfielder. Unfortunately they were because the midfield had Jonas and Nolan in it, two players that haven't got a creative bone in their footballing bodies. Tiote, for all his faults, doesn't hide so often he'd end up attempting to do a lot more in possession than he should have been.

I think he's more or less rubbish in possession, but his presence in midfield should allow the players around him room to express themselves. There's no reason for Jonas and Tiote to ever be on the field at once, for example.

But of course we know Pardew has looked at him and decided that his biggest weakness as footballer needs to be highlighted as a focal point of the team, and as a result he was shit last year.

He's nowhere near as good as some made out when he joined, but I still believe there's a quality DM in him if he was utilised in any way correctly.

That's the thing, though. Players like Cabaye can't express themselves thoroughly because of him. Cabaye has to drop deep to be to man to collect the ball from the defence/keeeper because Tiote simply cannot be trusted to.

Guest neesy111

I've yet to see Tiote dominate a game someone like him should against an average / inferior team.

I've yet to see Tiote dominate a game someone like him should against an average / inferior team.

I think it's a known fact that he does far better against better side than inferior teams. Should be Anita who should play against inferior teams (if there are any inferior teams to us :anguish:)

He's not even good against superior teams now :lol: he's just useless and shit.

Said a million times but i'd rather Anita play, i know he's weak as shit but at least he's intelligent and competent at passing, getting the ball from the back and playing it into midfield.

Not to mention i'm sick and tired of seeing Pardew using Cabaye as a f*cking quarterback :anguish: :anguish:

Double Anguish because he used a NFL term and secondily Cabaye looks f*cking shit in the role.

Oh joy, i'm ranting when the season is over isn't this just grand.

I'm usually okay at letting Pardew's comments slide but it drives me mad whenever he states what a player 'is'. "Cabaye's a quarter-back/Sissoko's a number 10/Tiote's an Essien". Wrong, wrong and fucking wrong. Clueless, man. :anguish:

That's the thing, though. Players like Cabaye can't express themselves thoroughly because of him. Cabaye has to drop deep to be to man to collect the ball from the defence/keeeper because Tiote simply cannot be trusted to.

Not sure about that, Cabaye generally looks a much better player when paired with Perch because he's given license to get forward a lot more. He still drops deep to start attacks, but the difference is that once the ball gets forward he's got license to go and support the play. Perch is arguably even more limited in possession than Tiote but we seem to manage fine with him playing the deeper role, the win against Chelsea for example had Perch and Cabaye in CM.

That's what Tiote should be for us, basically a deluxe version of Perch. He, Cabaye and the team would all look so much better for it, I'm sure of it.

I just think that with the right instructions he'd be passable in possession to justify what he brings defensively.

He's not incapable of passing the ball, he just hasn't got the sort of vision\composure to do it in a way that's anything other than very basic.

Not to mention i'm sick and tired of seeing Pardew using Cabaye as a f*cking quarterback :anguish: :anguish:

Double Anguish because he used a NFL term and secondily Cabaye looks f*cking shit in the role.

pardew never said that did he?  surely not :lol:

If we get the chance to get an upgrade on Tiote (eg with Wanyama), I hope we take it. I fear we won't. Pardew seems to think there's a playmaker in there, but his passing and his control of the ball under pressure aren't good enough.

Guest chopey

At the end of the day the team below should have been good enough to finish top 10 unfortunately our manager is not as good as his team

............................Krul............................

Debuchey.....Colo......Saylor........Santon

............Tiote.........Cabaye.....................

....Gouffron........... Sissoko.......Barfa......

.....................Cisse................................