Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Looking like the player of old now.

Funnily enough, since he's started keeping it simple, he's actually putting through some pretty clever passes to players ahead of him as well. I agreed with the official verdict that he was MOM.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was brilliant today, the number of times he anticipated a loose ball or stray pass from the opposition showed just how intelligent his reading of the game can be. He broke up so much of their play and kick-started a lot of ours he was the key component for us in that engine room. That's all he has to do, none of the fancy passes or shooting. Although he did have a few of those mad moments. It is no coincidence that we are playing better and Cabaye is thriving with Tiote back on form in midfield. He is easily one of the best in his role in the league.

Guest firetotheworks

Did the things that he's supposed to do, but if you're going to get into decent shooting positions 3 or so times a week, train yourself to at least hit the target ffs.

Guest bimpy474

Excellent today, butI'll be a bit nervous about him playing v Southampton's pressing game next week. Decent on the ball today though.

More worried about Cabaye being suspended me, he's our only real creative force if Hatem isn't playing.

Excellent today, butI'll be a bit nervous about him playing v Southampton's pressing game next week. Decent on the ball today though.

More worried about Cabaye being suspended me, he's our only real creative force if Hatem isn't playing.

Think Hatem will play and Sissoko will go in the middle.

Guest bimpy474

Think Hatem will play and Sissoko will go in the middle.

That's how i'd go too.