Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

All English goalscorers btw (Fabio)

I think this is an important point (not the Fabio part). I wonder if the media will pick up on it?

Why is this important?

It's an English league and so much is made of the fact that there is a vacuum of English talent. There is some irony on the day we sign a foreign player but I think it's good to prove the doubters in English ability wrong (especially after the world cup).

I don't want the kids to come on, tbh. Lets carry on and put down a marker.

Let's, tbh.

A marker for what though? Unrealistic expectations?

:facepalm:

In the same way far too many people were getting all doom and gloom about last week's result (to me: a heartening performance but ultimately outclassed in the final third), I think too many people will read far too much into this performance and expect the same each week at SJP and not take into account how woeful Villa's defending seemed to be.

Nevertheless, a cracking result and a day to enjoy - not trying to be a doom merchant, just keeping one eye on the next fixture while enjoying/analysing today's result :)

Glorius  :celb:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/103537307.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6430F589403778C06495C52F35826B8A9A91F1DD6662F5107

http://i36.tinypic.com/11hgtxl.jpg

Amazing to think that people on here wanted a Carroll - Beckford swap deal in January.

He was awesome today. Doesn't mean clowns can come on and say "told you so" in a smug way. f***ing hindsight eh!

Carroll has been poor for a long time. Did well last season but scoring a hat-trick doesn't make him a legend and change the past season's in a tick.

So your smugness is retarded.

He was fantastic today though and long may it continue.

But get real  :facepalm:

By saying he has been poor for a long time, shows that your pretty clueless.  I'm delighted for the lad, just he got some way OTT stick last year.

4-5-1 isn't too bad then I 'spose :D

Except that wasn't 4-5-1, that was 4-4-2. Nolan played a lot closer to Carroll and a lot higher up today. Not that I really care, just a fantastic feeling this.

Aye, Nolan wasn't in midfield today.

4-4-1-1 then. It was mostly aimed at a lot of people worrying about needing to play Loven/Xisco up top with Carroll at home.

Amazing to think that people on here wanted a Carroll - Beckford swap deal in January.

He was awesome today. Doesn't mean clowns can come on and say "told you so" in a smug way. Fucking hindsight eh!

Carroll has been poor for a long time. Did well last season but scoring a hat-trick doesn't make him a legend and change the past season's in a tick.

So your smugness is daft.

He was fantastic today though and long may it continue.

But get real  :facepalm:

Here we go with the turn-against-your-fellow-supporters crap one win in!

Can't believe after today's result were all still having goes at each other. Nothing short of pathetic.

Hopefully we can avoid picking up too many more yellows. The refs will always be quick to give Barton and Smith yellows...

quick because they are deserved ;D

Last week's yellow for Barton and today's yellow for Smith were absolute rubbish. Reputation did the trick :(

Now i will grab my tent and food for 30 days and unpack my super ultra wank kit from Callaway edition 9 from the early 90th's

and hit up a camp deep in to the forest!!

Fucking hell what a game!! 

:celb: :celb:

In Mr Lynch after shouting myself horse and this is the most satisfying pint I've had for ages. Has anyone pissed on the parade yet by saying this means we won't strengthen? :lol: West Brom must feel as torn as we did yesterday.

:facepalm:

The lad is only 21, showed promise in the few glimpses we saw of him in the last season in the Prem and played a massive part in our promotion.

When did this 'poor for a long time' occur? Were you watching him play for his school team or something?

In Mr Lynch after shouting myself horse and this is the most satisfying pint I've had for ages. Has anyone pissed on the parade yet by saying this means we won't strengthen? :lol: West Brom must feel as torn as we did yesterday.

No, cos' we already have strengthened. :smug:

Was that Young's chance flagged as offside? In tv pic it didnt show the flag going up and they showed a replay of the ball hitting Young's arm so I thought it could have been a freekick for handball?