Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye but once he's signed you can do what the hell you like with him so long as you don't mind the subsequent disquiet...

True, although that kind of makes the original claim even more ridiculous, since then it would mean that Pardew was lying to Taylor just so Ashley could subsequently sell him for more money. Which IMO is even more out there.

Aye but once he's signed you can do what the hell you like with him so long as you don't mind the subsequent disquiet...

True, although that kind of makes the original claim even more ridiculous, since then it would mean that Pardew was lying to Taylor just so Ashley could subsequently sell him for more money. Which IMO is even more out there.

Aye, I'll give you that one. I think Pardew just came in and thought 'Steven Taylor, the Geordies love him and he'll definitely be better than that Will Michaelson', which is even more disturbing...

Aye, I'll give you that one. I think Pardew just came in and thought 'Steven Taylor, the Geordies love him and he'll definitely be better than that Will Michaelson', which is even more disturbing...

yup

Well that's possible, I think Taylor is actually thought of as quite good amongst people who don't have to watch him play.

In any case, a new manager is entitled to try out different players.

I said so on here at the time and stand by it, I think Pardew has guaranteed him a start when he's fit in order to get him to sign the new contract, probably (and hopefully) in order for his superiors to make a profit when we flog him rather than lose him on a free.

There's no way that has happened.

why is there no way that has happened?

IMO it's too far fetched. There's no way Pardew would guarantee Taylor a start, it wouldn't fit in with the way the club is being run at all.

We wouldn't lose him on a free. We'd get less than market value through a tribunal.

Pardew's not missed a chance to play from memory (may be wrong) and he's yet to stand out/play a 'Colo'.

Just seems a coincidence that Taylor's not stopped hanging out the back of Pardew and get's a game whenever he's fit to the detriment of the team.

I said so on here at the time and stand by it, I think Pardew has guaranteed him a start when he's fit in order to get him to sign the new contract, probably (and hopefully) in order for his superiors to make a profit when we flog him rather than lose him on a free.

There's no way that has happened.

why is there no way that has happened?

IMO it's too far fetched. There's no way Pardew would guarantee Taylor a start, it wouldn't fit in with the way the club is being run at all.

We wouldn't lose him on a free. We'd get less than market value through a tribunal.

Wrong.

Needs a run of games to get back to match fitness, physically and mentally.

We could publish a book of excuses for that lad.

Still stunned he was handed one of these 5 year contracts.

Taylor was in the paper last week bumlicking Pardew (as he normally does), and he specifically pointed out that he was unhappy here etc and looking to leave until 'the gaffer' came in. Then suddenly he signs a new deal and is all happy again. I doubt there's anything contractual about it - not least because it would be a risk for the club and they don't like risks - but it's very naive IMO to suggest he hasn't been told he's in Pardew's first choice lineup at the very least.

Someone who knows him posts on another forum and said he'd said a month or 2 back that the training was much better and more enjoyable under Pardew tahn it had been with Hughton.

Taylor was in the paper last week bumlicking Pardew (as he normally does), and he specifically pointed out that he was unhappy here etc and looking to leave until 'the gaffer' came in. Then suddenly he signs a new deal and is all happy again. I doubt there's anything contractual about it - not least because it would be a risk for the club and they don't like risks - but it's very naive IMO to suggest he hasn't been told he's in Pardew's first choice lineup at the very least.

Someone who knows him posts on another forum and said he'd said a month or 2 back that the training was much better and more enjoyable under Pardew tahn it had been with Hughton.

Hughton knows how shite he is.

Guest Stephen927

Am i the only one who would happily keep him as a backup?

No, he's a good back-up for where we are as a club right now.

Am i the only one who would happily keep him as a backup?

No, he's a good back-up for where we are as a club right now.

Expensive back up. Reckon we could get a kid to do that job for less money and be a better squad member. Kadar would have been the man if he wasn't so injury prone.

Why such a depth of hate for a player who is still on nowhere near what, say, Alan Smith is still coining in, and has done a pretty decent job for us all in all?

Before you start, Taylor was excellent for us last season and at least stood up to be counted the year before.

Cue the revisionist sheep.

Some of our "fans" badly need some perspective in their lives.