Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I despise every fibre of this c***s being.

When he let the ball bounce, showing Borini onto his favoured left and storming up front like some kind of gung-ho captain cuntchops are the primary sins of today.

If I remembered more I could go on.

Second match in a row he had done that. I despair every time he's up to his stupid antics.

Just like the Ben Arfa situation. There will come a time, probably when Taylor gets his next inevitable injury or maybe when Colo leaves as expected in the summer and Pardew will expect Mapou to suddenly come in from the cold and be the player we all need.

This should be the perfect time for him to be playing every game, learning and gaining experience to eventually replace Colo long term.

Instead Pardew takes the easier option and benches the foreigner and picks his local geordie lad because he might whine to the press again if he's not picked.

It's Mascherano/Mullins Tevez/Zamora all over again only in a less shocking way.

I really honestly think its because he kicked off at not being in the side, agent did speak up a few weeks ago and lord knows what he's said behind the scenes. After all even when fit and Colo out this season MYM was chosen ahead so the only logic is he's threatened to leave.

Steven Taylor feels the media are to blame for Newcastle United's woes

Steven Taylor has blamed the media for the storm surrounding Newcastle United at the moment.

The Toon defender, though, says that, despite losing to Sunderland in their third derby in a row and finding themselves off the pace, the Magpies’ team spirit will not be broken.

United were no match for Chelsea on Saturday and while they battled, with the Blues powering in 18 shots to Newcastle’s 16, the clinical finishing of Eden Hazard made it a straight-forward win for Chelsea.

Afterwards Taylor went on the defensive and said: “It is just the media and speculation and what everybody wants to write about that is causing a few things.

“They can say what they want but the players and the coaching staff are just going to stick together because we are in it together.”

Reflecting on United’s fifth defeat of the year so far, Taylor added: “It was difficult for us. We started off pretty well, the lads dug in at times when it was difficult but when you give Chelsea opportunities like we did, with the quality they have, it is always going to be difficult.

“I think all their players have star quality, even the players on their bench. They are always going to be difficult to play against.”

In analysing where it all went wrong against the Blues Taylor said: “I thought we dealt with pretty much everything in the first half except for the two goals we gave away but we created good chances before their second goal and we could have gone level with Moussa’s (Sissoko) chance.

“We had three great chances there and on another day they could have gone in.”

Now United face a home game with Tottenham as they bid to win their first game without midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Taylor said: “We just have to keep building.

“Wednesday is a massive night at St James’ Park and for us hopefully we can get three points if we can take the game to Tottenham and attack.”

Steven Taylor feels the media are to blame for Newcastle United's woes

Steven Taylor has blamed the media for the storm surrounding Newcastle United at the moment.

The Toon defender, though, says that, despite losing to Sunderland in their third derby in a row and finding themselves off the pace, the Magpies’ team spirit will not be broken.

United were no match for Chelsea on Saturday and while they battled, with the Blues powering in 18 shots to Newcastle’s 16, the clinical finishing of Eden Hazard made it a straight-forward win for Chelsea.

Afterwards Taylor went on the defensive and said: “It is just the media and speculation and what everybody wants to write about that is causing a few things.

“They can say what they want but the players and the coaching staff are just going to stick together because we are in it together.”

Reflecting on United’s fifth defeat of the year so far, Taylor added: “It was difficult for us. We started off pretty well, the lads dug in at times when it was difficult but when you give Chelsea opportunities like we did, with the quality they have, it is always going to be difficult.

“I think all their players have star quality, even the players on their bench. They are always going to be difficult to play against.”

In analysing where it all went wrong against the Blues Taylor said: “I thought we dealt with pretty much everything in the first half except for the two goals we gave away but we created good chances before their second goal and we could have gone level with Moussa’s (Sissoko) chance.

“We had three great chances there and on another day they could have gone in.”

Now United face a home game with Tottenham as they bid to win their first game without midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Taylor said: “We just have to keep building.

“Wednesday is a massive night at St James’ Park and for us hopefully we can get three points if we can take the game to Tottenham and attack.”

as if his soulless performance wasn't already enough... can't stand that wanker

I've had patience for this lad for many years but he's just not good or bright enough to do it for us. Mbiwa needs to keep this guy out of the picture, but god knows how he'll do that if Pardew keeps faith in this daft bastard. He'll no doubt keep his place for Tottenham as Alan does have the balls to change things up, even though we've conceded 6 goals in the last couple of games :(

It's a tough time for Pardew. Lost Cabaye and results have been very poor. He needs to have people in the dressing room whom he knows will be behind him. Be outspoken in praise for him. Taylor will have to have a truly horrific game to be dropped.

It's a tough time for Pardew. Lost Cabaye and results have been very poor. He needs to have people in the dressing room whom he knows will be behind him. Be outspoken in praise for him. Taylor will have to have a truly horrific game to be dropped.

Or Colo fit asap, then he'll be dropped. I don't doubt the dressing room is strong but there's no need to come out with this sort of shit.

Or Colo fit asap, then he'll be dropped. I don't doubt the dressing room is strong but there's no need to come out with this sort of s***.

Don't know wft you're on about. I'm being genuine. Pardew needs players he feels are behind him. Players on whom he can trust their reaction.

Also, based on form, MYM seems more likely to drop a b*ll*ck than Taylor.

Or Colo fit asap, then he'll be dropped. I don't doubt the dressing room is strong but there's no need to come out with this sort of s***.

Don't know wft you're on about. I'm being genuine. Pardew needs players he feels are behind him. Players on whom he can trust their reaction.

:lol: I didn't mean you, i meant Taylor's quotes in the paper.

"If I'm not going to get in the team the obviously we will have to look at something else."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma4b5piy4z1qcpel0.gif

:lol: I didn't mean you, i meant Taylor's quotes in the paper.

Soz!  :rose:

Well, he must have read those tweets :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140212/taylor-puts-the-fist-pumps-on-hold_2281670_3666530?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

United fans have seen the last of Steven Taylor's famous fist-pumps - until the homegrown centre-back next finds the back of the net, that is.

Over the last few years, Taylor has traditionally revved up Newcastle's supporters home and away just before kick-off with his show of passion.

But in an exclusive interview with the Club's official matchday programme for tonight's home game against Tottenham, he revealed the fist-pumps have been temporarily retired.

"It's all about releasing some energy, because I get really pumped up before games, and making sure the fans are as loud as they can be and right behind us," explained the 28-year-old, who came up through the Magpies' Academy.

"But, there won't be any more fist-pumping now for a while.

"I've put it away for a while and I think it won't come back out again until I score. The fans won't see it again until then."

Almost feel bad for him, imagining him sat at home all :okay: reading those tweets. Sinking in for the first time that he isn't the geordie hero he thought he was.

It actually would have been eye opener for not only Taylor but also the club who probably thought he was one of the crowd faves. They clearly picked a player they thought could carry a Q+A, they were very wrong, so wrong.

Almost feel bad for him, imagining him sat at home all :okay: reading those tweets. Sinking in for the first time that he isn't the geordie hero he thought he was.

It actually would have been eye opener for not only Taylor but also the club who probably thought he was one of the crowd faves. They clearly picked a player they thought could carry a Q+A, they were very wrong, so wrong.

Not like us to be lacking when it comes to social media monitoring. He's only been getting slagged to high heaven for weeks.