Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't understand all the saylor hate?  He's a decent player who's just coming back from being out of the first team for months.  MYM is the biggest weakness we've got, his positional play is appalling.

The time we looked most solid defensively this season is when Williamson and Yanga Mbiwa were centre half together IMO. You can't judge him on his positional play when he's playing full back because it isn't his position

Can't understand all the saylor hate?  He's a decent player who's just coming back from being out of the first team for months.  MYM is the biggest weakness we've got, his positional play is appalling.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif.pagespeed.ce.xGHkMcFy7S.gif

:lol:

I like Taylor more than most but with Williamson in this form it has to be MYM alongside him.

It's a no brainer but I do worry about Pardew trying to keep Taylor "happy" by continuing to play him at CB - Pardew has had priors.

I like Taylor more than most but with Williamson in this form it has to be MYM alongside him.

It's a no brainer but I do worry about Pardew trying to keep Taylor "happy" by continuing to play him at CB - Pardew has had priors.

yeah but not for the previous 6 months.

yeah but not for the previous 6 months.

True but there does exist that element of doubt in the back of my mind with Pardew actually doing the right thing.

:idiot2:

TBF against Everton he would have had a point, he's improved a hell of a lot since that debacle though. I agree with him on Taylor, gets way too much stick on here.

I'm no Williamson fan but I would think you have to go with Willo and MYM for form and fitness. Although got a feeling Taylor will get the nod ahead of  MYM.

TBF against Everton he would have had a point, he's improved a hell of a lot since that debacle though. I agree with him on Taylor, gets way too much stick on here.

I'm no Williamson fan but I would think you have to go with Willo and MYM for form and fitness. Although got a feeling Taylor will get the nod ahead of  MYM.

I think that's more to do with playing with Williamson instead of Colo tbh.... with Williamson his role is clearly defined and they work together as a partnership a lot better.

What's more Mapou should have never been dropped to begin with, you would think getting back to back clean sheets against Chelsea and Spurs would be enough but oh well.

on the Everton thing my pov is Colo and MYM should never ever play together again, they don't work as a pair. Taylor though I've said it a few times in theory he has the talent, in practise he's never shown it on any kind of consistent basis, he's prone to ridiculous utterly brain dead moments and he's made of glass these days.

Williamson talent wise has less than Taylor but he's better at knowing what he's good at and sticking with it, the more technical and pacy strikers will get the better of him but he's an excellent partner for Colo or MYM.