Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Williamson up against Welbeck and Sanchez is a recipe for disaster. Hoping for Dummett alongside Colo

We'll be sitting deep as owt.

15% possession, 42 shots against, camped out in our half ... right where Pardiola wants them :pedro:

• 2 weeks later...

Pardew's puppet:

Steven Taylor confident Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez can deliver during Cisse's absence

Dec 27, 2014 22:31 By Lee Ryder

Steven Taylor feels the exciting attacking pair of Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez can deliver the goods for Newcastle United

Steven Taylor believes that exciting offensive duo Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez will only continue to get better.

The pair started the game against Manchester United and with Papiss Cisse set to join up with Senegal in the next week for the African Cup of Nations, the 17-year-old and the forward signed from Tenerife will come into Alan Pardew’s thinking in the new year.

Cisse could be missing for up to a month due to international duty with Senegal while Cheick Tiote and Mehdi Abeid will be hooking up with Ivory Coast and Algeria respectively.

Taylor, though, had plenty of praise for Perez after he put in a polished display at Old Trafford on Boxing Day.

He said: “Ayo for me was outstanding.

“He really was causing so many problems and they can’t touch him.

“But for us he is the kind of guy who can change a game for us.

“We just have to rely on him now for the next game.

“Hopefully he can do the magic for us.”

Taylor was also delighted by the contribution of his fellow Geordie Armstrong.

He said: “To come in in a massive game like this he did well, he got past them a couple of times and caused them a few problems so it was a good experience for him today and I am absolutely delighted for him.”

However, Taylor feels the game at Old Trafford could have been different had Mike Jones pointed to the spot when Yoan Gouffran was fouled by Juan Mata.

He said: “Yeah, because if we had got it, it would have given us a lift and it would have caused them problems.

“We couldn’t see them getting a lot of shots.

“They didn’t have many in the first half.

“Ayo had a great chance, so did Daryl Janmaat.

“But for me, the penalty f that’s given it gets the stadium a bit on the edge really.

“Sometimes you need a bit of luck when you come to somewhere you are not going to get many chances. There was no pressure on us.

“The main thing now is that we go home to play Everton and let’s try to get three points.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-confident-adam-armstrong-8349848

Steven Taylor expects back to back home wins against Everton and Burnley

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor eyes six points to make up for the Christmas crisis on Tyneside

Steven Taylor is confident Newcastle United can roll into 2015 on a high by beating both Everton and Burnley at St James’ Park to get their season back on track.

The Magpies have gone four games without a victory since some fine form in November and go into the clash with the Toffees for the last match of the year licking their wounds after a defeat to Manchester United.

When asked if back to back home wins was the response needed following painful losses to Sunderland and Man United, Taylor told the Chronicle: “Everyone, the fans, the players will be expecting that.

“We want to get back to what we are best at - taking the game to teams.

“We can’t afford to step off teams.

“You look at what happened when we did that in the first half against Man United.

“We can’t give teams respect, I don’t care who they are.

“We are good players.

“We need to put pressure on the opposition.

“We need to test them out.

“If you give them that much repsect, anyone can look good and today we made them look good.”

Taylor admitted there was plenty of room for improvement from the 3-1 loss to Man United too.

He added: “We were very open.

“In the first half we gave them far too much respect on the ball, we let them play out from the back.

“There wasn’t enough pressure from all of the team today.

“It’s a game we just have to forget now.

“Second half, I don’t think you can complain about the lads’ team spirit.

“But when you are 2-0 down at Old Trafford you can’t change the game.

“You get picked off and we gave them too much time.

“They didn’t cause us problems at the back, really, I dont think they had many shots but it was just too much possession time for them.

“It was far too easy for them but we made it easy for them.

“We should have been right in their faces, put a few tackles in the first five or 10 minutes like we did against Chelsea.

“What we were supposed to be doing, it just didn’t happen for us.”

Taylor and United’s task won’t be easy against Everton at St James’ though.

Indeed with seven goal striker Romelu Lukaku coming to Tyneside and England midfielder Ross Barkley, he knows that United have a job on their hands.

He said: “He (Lukaku) is a top player.

“And they have players like Barkley, another top player. T

“hey have good players left right and centre that will hurt you if you give them time on the ball so it’s up to us to stand up and put our head in the way.

“I am just looking forward to the game.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-says-back-back-8350222

Typos courtesy of North East sports journalist of the year.

Pardew's puppet:

Steven Taylor confident Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez can deliver during Cisse's absence

Steven Taylor feels the exciting attacking pair of Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez can deliver the goods for Newcastle United

Steven Taylor believes that exciting offensive duo Adam Armstrong and Ayoze Perez will only continue to get better.

The pair started the game against Manchester United and with Papiss Cisse set to join up with Senegal in the next week for the African Cup of Nations, the 17-year-old and the forward signed from Tenerife will come into Alan Pardew’s thinking in the new year.

Cisse could be missing for up to a month due to international duty with Senegal while Cheick Tiote and Mehdi Abeid will be hooking up with Ivory Coast and Algeria respectively.

Taylor, though, had plenty of praise for Perez after he put in a polished display at Old Trafford on Boxing Day.

He said: “Ayo for me was outstanding.

“He really was causing so many problems and they can’t touch him.

“But for us he is the kind of guy who can change a game for us.

“We just have to rely on him now for the next game.

“Hopefully he can do the magic for us.”

Taylor was also delighted by the contribution of his fellow Geordie Armstrong.

He said: “To come in in a massive game like this he did well, he got past them a couple of times and caused them a few problems so it was a good experience for him today and I am absolutely delighted for him.”

However, Taylor feels the game at Old Trafford could have been different had Mike Jones pointed to the spot when Yoan Gouffran was fouled by Juan Mata.

He said: “Yeah, because if we had got it, it would have given us a lift and it would have caused them problems.

“We couldn’t see them getting a lot of shots.

“They didn’t have many in the first half.

“Ayo had a great chance, so did Daryl Janmaat.

“But for me, the penalty f that’s given it gets the stadium a bit on the edge really.

“Sometimes you need a bit of luck when you come to somewhere you are not going to get many chances. There was no pressure on us.

“The main thing now is that we go home to play Everton and let’s try to get three points.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-confident-adam-armstrong-8349848

Steven Taylor expects back to back home wins against Everton and Burnley

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor eyes six points to make up for the Christmas crisis on Tyneside

Steven Taylor is confident Newcastle United can roll into 2015 on a high by beating both Everton and Burnley at St James’ Park to get their season back on track.

The Magpies have gone four games without a victory since some fine form in November and go into the clash with the Toffees for the last match of the year licking their wounds after a defeat to Manchester United.

When asked if back to back home wins was the response needed following painful losses to Sunderland and Man United, Taylor told the Chronicle: “Everyone, the fans, the players will be expecting that.

“We want to get back to what we are best at - taking the game to teams.

“We can’t afford to step off teams.

“You look at what happened when we did that in the first half against Man United.

“We can’t give teams respect, I don’t care who they are.

“We are good players.

“We need to put pressure on the opposition.

“We need to test them out.

“If you give them that much repsect, anyone can look good and today we made them look good.”

Taylor admitted there was plenty of room for improvement from the 3-1 loss to Man United too.

He added: “We were very open.

“In the first half we gave them far too much respect on the ball, we let them play out from the back.

“There wasn’t enough pressure from all of the team today.

“It’s a game we just have to forget now.

“Second half, I don’t think you can complain about the lads’ team spirit.

“But when you are 2-0 down at Old Trafford you can’t change the game.

“You get picked off and we gave them too much time.

“They didn’t cause us problems at the back, really, I dont think they had many shots but it was just too much possession time for them.

“It was far too easy for them but we made it easy for them.

“We should have been right in their faces, put a few tackles in the first five or 10 minutes like we did against Chelsea.

“What we were supposed to be doing, it just didn’t happen for us.”

Taylor and United’s task won’t be easy against Everton at St James’ though.

Indeed with seven goal striker Romelu Lukaku coming to Tyneside and England midfielder Ross Barkley, he knows that United have a job on their hands.

He said: “He (Lukaku) is a top player.

“And they have players like Barkley, another top player. T

“hey have good players left right and centre that will hurt you if you give them time on the ball so it’s up to us to stand up and put our head in the way.

“I am just looking forward to the game.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-taylor-says-back-back-8350222

Typos courtesy of North East sports journalist of the year.

The bastard love child of Alan Pardew.

Steven Taylor has just left St James' Park on crutches and wearing a protective boot apparently

Will be seeing more of Willo I guess......or rather Dummet CB and Santon or Haidara LB

If that was gonna happen we'd have seen it today.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho  2m2 minutes ago

John Carver reveals Steven Taylor is likely to be out for the season after damaging his Achilles. #NUFC

:lol: As usual.