Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There are a lot of people on this forum who would rather forget the contemptible abuse they launched at Taylor last  season. The lad was literally called a c**t

repeatedly on a Newcastle forum. Shameful.

Delighted for the lad. Dozy as f*** but gives everything for the club.

There are a lot of people on this forum who would rather forget the contemptible abuse they launched at Taylor last  season. The lad was literally called a c**t

I called him one. I'll openly admit that. I was very, very, very wrong.

based on, he points a lot, his attempts at faking it when he's handled it are hilarious, and more importantly, after andy carroll broke his jaw many people thought it was a choice between the two and so character assassinated the defender who's out injured as opposed to the forward in form.

It's amazing how much Colo and Taylor compliment each other nowadays. Last season I think we all felt Williamson, although a limited defender himself, was much better foil for Colo than young, rash Taylor, who whilst individually talented seemed to upset the stability of the entire defense. So good to see Taylor has matured into a steady influence and he has apparently overcome his physical problems regarding recurring injuries. Let's hope Colo signs this new contract and we are settled in that area for the next few years.

What will be interesting though, is how Pardew sees the need to bring in an additional centre back, as we currently only have three CB's at the club. It would be madness to bring in a first choice centre back to replace either Colo or Taylor. We have decent cover for Taylor in Williamson, but lack the ball playing, intelligent break up play backup for Colo. However, this type of player would be really hard to find and would probably not come to be second choice. So I'm guessing we would be looking for somebody like Bassong when he first came: young, talented and not too far away from first team action if need be, but with the patience to be brought in gradually over the next few years.

It's amazing how much Colo and Taylor compliment each other nowadays. Last season I think we all felt Williamson, although a limited defender himself, was much better foil for Colo than young, rash Taylor, who whilst individually talented seemed to upset the stability of the entire defense. So good to see Taylor has matured into a steady influence and he has apparently overcome his physical problems regarding recurring injuries. Let's hope Colo signs this new contract and we are settled in that area for the next few years.

What will be interesting though, is how Pardew sees the need to bring in an additional centre back, as we currently only have three CB's at the club. It would be madness to bring in a first choice centre back to replace either Colo or Taylor. We have decent cover for Taylor in Williamson, but lack the ball playing, intelligent break up play backup for Colo. However, this type of player would be really hard to find and would probably not come to be second choice. So I'm guessing we would be looking for somebody like Bassong when he first came: young, talented and not too far away from first team action if need be, but with the patience to be brought in gradually over the next few years.

I actually think Pards and co had it right going for someone like Ridgewell. I know alot people may not rate Ridgewell but he's the sort of player who would provide good back up in a couple of positions, has been a captain (therefore shows some leadership) and is relatively experianced at the top level.

We stand little chance of bringing in a top centre half, who would be willing to sit on the bench. A versatile back up would be brilliant, this is the reason why clubs should never sell players like Aaron Hughes.

I actually think Pards and co had it right going for someone like Ridgewell. I know alot people may not rate Ridgewell but he's the sort of player who would provide good back up in a couple of positions, has been a captain (therefore shows some leadership) and is relatively experianced at the top level.

We stand little chance of bringing in a top centre half, who would be willing to sit on the bench. A versatile back up would be brilliant, this is the reason why clubs should never sell players like Aaron Hughes.

Spot on.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wasn't Lee Ryder, sorry. Nufcfans quotes. Think they're speculating with the few weeks thing. My bad.

Fucking hope so!