Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest bimpy474

Our other problem is we dont have a proper young decent centre half, around the age of 20-22, who comes in for games alongsige an experienced player like Colo in certain games to learn his trade. I know they rate Remi Streete but its too soon for him yet.

That and Mike Williamson is shit. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

Hopefully Curtis Good can be that later in the season.

I think its still too soon from him, I was thinking along the lines of a Tavernier, someone who has played quite a bit on loan but maybe at Championship level.

Hope Good does turn out Good like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Our other problem is we dont have a proper young decent centre half, around the age of 20-22, who comes in for games alongsige an experienced player like Colo in certain games to learn his trade. I know they rate Remi Streete but its too soon for him yet.

That and Mike Williamson is shit. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

Yep, it's weird that we don't have that young CB, bad planning in the past. Most PL reserve defenders would presumably be able to step in and do a better job than Willo.

Even though, we're desperate for a CB, getting the right player might be tougher than we think. Do we go all out for someone who will be first choice, or do we buy a less experienced youngster who can just compete?

We simply have to buy a first team centre back. Right now every time the ball goes near Williamson i cringe and with Taylor's injuries, it simply has to be a Purple player (what shit that is).

How will we shift Williamson though? Guess we could sell him to a Championship Club, maybe.

We'd get shot of him no bother IMO provided he wanted to move. Solid, no-nonsense English defender with PL/Euro experience and isn't too old and on low wages. Granted we'd not get much for him.

:lol:

That and Mike Williamson is s***. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

I think its still too soon from him, I was thinking along the lines of a Tavernier, someone who has played quite a bit on loan but maybe at Championship level.

We've come to expect better than that from you, Bimpy.  You've not only let yourself down, you've let down the whole board, nay, the whole city with that terrible ending.

Guest bimpy474

That and Mike Williamson is s***. He isn't ok as back up. He is shitter than the shittiest shitter.

We've come to expect better than that from you, Bimpy.  You've not only let yourself down, you've let down the whole board, nay, the whole city with that terrible ending.

I'm so so sorry, honestly i'm sorry for the distress i caused the board, the city and my family. I've let you all down with my stupid flippant comment. Curtis Good is the future and i shall refrain from using his name is such a regrettable manner.

My only defence for my outrageous behaviour was that it was too Good an opportunity to miss.

2003–04 1

2004–05 13

2005–06 12

2006–07 27

2007–08 31

2008–09 27

2009–10 21

2010–11 14

2011–12 14

2012–13 11

Not a great appearance record.

That's got to be league only as I'm sure he had one season where he played more than 40 games in total.

2003–04 1

2004–05 13

2005–06 12

2006–07 27

2007–08 31

2008–09 27

2009–10 21

2010–11 14

2011–12 14

2012–13 11

That's got to be league only as I'm sure he had one season where he played more than 40 games in total.

It's still disgraceful. You've got to go back to 2008 for the last time he played half the season or more.

2003–04 1

2004–05 13

2005–06 12

2006–07 27

2007–08 31

2008–09 27

2009–10 21

2010–11 14

2011–12 14

2012–13 11

Yes, that's league only.  Average of about 17 games a season.  The last 3 seasons have been particularly bad and over his whole career he's struggled to do more than 50% of our league games per season.

2003–04 1

2004–05 13

2005–06 12

2006–07 27

2007–08 31

2008–09 27

2009–10 21

2010–11 14

2011–12 14

2012–13 11

It's still disgraceful. You've got to go back to 2008 for the last time he played half the season or more.

Disgraceful is a bit harsh. It's not like he is somebody who is going to look to avoid like some we've had. Didn't he try and play when he did his Achilles??

Guest neesy111

The injury record is dismal.  Just about all of our academy players that have came through seem to be injury prone to some extent.

Those figures boil my fucking blood, so pissed off the people running our club are so willing to risk our success in the face of evidence like that.  They're fucking terrified in case he manages a full season and they have to pay decent wages out on the centre halves we might need in order to cover ourselves and mount a challenge.

January better be good, I'm starting to get really angry about the whole pauper act now.

I'm not saying he's a disgrace per se, but his body just isn't up to football at this pace.

The original shoulder dislocation (under Souness, and that was horribly handled by the manager) was a big setback, given that he's a combative footballer.

Those figures boil my fucking blood, so pissed off the people running our club are so willing to risk our success in the face of evidence like that.  They're fucking terrified in case he manages a full season and they have to pay decent wages out on the centre halves we might need in order to cover ourselves and mount a challenge.

January better be good, I'm starting to get really angry about the whole pauper act now.

We haven't had 4 centre halves since Fitz fucking Hall played for us. Abysmal.

Drives me fucking spare, centre halves are comparatively cheap n all compared to other positions.